Ray Toro-Pumpkin Patch

Your pov

It's October, my parents take me camping on the same week, every year. We've been doing these dumb trips since I was about three years old. I do homeschooling so my parents can just take me on whatever dumb family thing to go to.

The only good thing about it was there's a pumpkin patch. It's a short walk from our site so I go there a lot to visit my friend, Ray. He's the only person around here that's near my age, since normal kids are usually in school.

"We're here!" My dad called, parking the car, and jumping out to unload our gear.

"Can I go?" I asked him, I can't wait to see Ray...

He simply nodded and I began the short walk over. As I walked, I couldn't help but think about my memories of him.

Flashback, you're 3, Ray is 4, at the pumpkin patch

I walked around the patch, looking for the perfect pumpkin as my parents talked to some adults I didn't know. Whoa, I must have that one!

Across the patch, I spotted the perfect pumpkin. Perfectly orange, none of the gross brown stuff on it, and it was huge. Well to my kid brain, it was huge. I began to run.

As I ran, I tripped and fell on a vine, I ended up face first in the dirt, inches away from a pumpkin. I sat on the dirt floor and began to cry, since it was the only logical thing to do.

"Hey, don't cry. Are you okay?" A boy spoke, walking towards me.

"N-no, I f-fell." I glanced up to get a better look at the boy, he had big curly hair that matched his soft brown eyes. He grabbed my hand and helped me up.

"You'll be okay." He gave me a hug.

"H-how do you know?"

"My mom always says I'll be okay after I get hurt, I'm sure you will too," He pulled away, "My name is Ray."

"I'm Y/n." I responded.

"Y/n!" My mom called as she made her way over, "Are you okay sweetie?" I looked at Ray.

"I'll be okay." He smiled as a pink shade appeared on his face.

Flash back over

I was so lost in thought, I didn't even realize I had made it to the patch. I looked around and spotted the all to familiar messy curly haired boy, a short distance away. I made my way towards him.

"Ray!" I called, making sure I didn't trip over anything.

"Y/n! Hey!" He gave me a short hug, "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too. My parents might let me stay later this time, maybe we could finally climb that barn and star gaze."

"Oh yeah? That's so cool!" He had a wide smile on his face, his smile is so cute ahh...

We walked around the patch for awhile, catching up and goofing around. It soon began to get dark. We started our way towards the dark red, stain covered barn.

"I've wanted to do this with you for so long now!" He laughed.

"Yeah? I have to- oh fuck!" I tripped and fell over a vine, landing face first into the dirt.

"Are you okay?" He laughed, holding a hand out.

"Yeah, I'll be okay." I took his hand as I stood up. He didn't let go of my hand, he just stood there, staring. I waved a hand in front of his face, "Ray? Are you gonna be okay?" This time, I laughed.

"Oh, oh! Y-yeah I-I'm fine... I'm fine," His face began to turn pink as he smiled sheepishly, "Come on, let's go."

He hadn't let go of my hand as he brought me to the back of the barn. There was a very old, rusty ladder attached to it that led to the roof. He let go of my hand as he began to climb, I was close behind. As we made it to the top, the sky had become black with the stars illuminating the atmosphere.

"It's so beautiful up here." I smiled, we sat down as the sky fairies shined bright.

"It's not as beautiful as you..." I heard Ray mumble. What!?

He must've noticed my face turning pink, "...um I mean..." We sat in an awkward silence for a moment. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket, thank god...

I pulled it out to see a text from my mom saying I needed to be back soon. I simply sent ok and brought my gaze back to Ray.

"My mom says I need to get back."

He nodded before walking back to the ladder and climbing back down. I followed. He made it to the bottom way before I did. As I climbed, a piece broke under my foot, causing me to fall. Fuck...

I closer my eyes, expecting to feel the hard dirt ground. But instead, I felt two arms. I opened my eyes and was met with a very red faced Ray. I was speechless. He just stared at me, as if I was the first human he's seen in years. He leaned in, crashing his lips to mine. I was shocked but quickly kissed back, bringing my arms around his neck. He set me on the ground, bringing his lips away as he smiled.

"Um, I-I should probably um... probably go..." I stuttered out, totally flustered.

"Oh, uh yeah. Will I see you tomorrow?" He asked, scratching the back of his head.

"Yeah, see you then." I kissed him quickly, then ran off. It finally happened oh boy... I'm so happy...

OwO-
Hello kids, as you know I have another fic called Down in the Forest. I'm officially announcing that I'll be making a sequel! Yay! I'm excited about it! It'll be fun. Anyways have an ecstatic day~peace out cheesebags