Mikey Way-Flood

Your pov

I was in bed, fast asleep, having a wack ass dream as I woke up to my parents yelling and the sounds of rain beating against my window.

"Y/n! You need to get up! We need to get to the school, there's a flood, pack a bag of essentials and hurry out to the car." My dad yelled, shaking me even though I was already awake.

"Okay, I'm going..." I lazily said, getting out of bed and grabbing my lady bug backpack. I packed clothes, my sketchbook, pencils, my ear buds, and phone charger, with my phone in my pocket. I hurried out to the car, climbing into the back next to my older brother, Dan.

We made it to the high school fairly quickly. The parking lot was already pretty packed. How is this place going to hold the whole town!?

I climbed out of the car before my parents rushed my brother and I inside, into the gym. It was filled with cots, some already taken over by families with noisy little ones while others sat quietly waiting for its occupant.

My father talked to a man who had us take cots near the back of the gym next to a quiet couple. Nice no noisy little ones...

As I set my things down I heard some people take the cots on the other side of us, next to mine. I looked up to see the Way brothers. Great, now I'll have a pair of obnoxious boys next to me...

Mikey took the one next to mine and looked over at me, "I like your backpack, it's cute."

"Thanks." I simply smiled at him, trying to end the conversation but not being rude at the same time.

"I'm Mikey, by the way." dumb ass...

"Yeah, I know. We have like, two classes together." I reminded him.

"Oh, right. Sorry, I guess I forgot while being dragged into this chaotic mess." He nervously laughed. I smiled back, desperately trying to end the conversation.

"So..." Oh my god just leave me alone

"... me and Gerard are gonna walk around the school, care to join us?"

"Probably not..."

"Oh c'mon, what else are you gonna do? Sleep? Yeah I don't think so with the storm going ape shit out there." He's got a point...

"Fine." I rolled my eyes.

"Great! Gerard..." He turned to the messy black haired boy beside him, " ... she's coming along, let's go!" Why is he so excited to roam the hell hole we go to almost every day!?

We began walking through the math hallway as Gerard pulled me a little behind Mikey and quickly whispered, "Mikey has a huge ass crush on you."

"No he doesn't." I dead panned.

"Yeah he does, you're all he ever talks about these days. I-" Mikey stopped walking and turned towards us.

"What are you guys talking about?" He asked, walking between Gerard and I.

"Oh nothing, just the fact that you have a fat crush on me." His face immediately went red as he punched Gerard, hard in the arm.

"I-I do not..."

"Okay see, now do you believe me, Y/n?" Gerard asked in a satisfactory tone.

"I don't know..." I looked at Mikey, who was gazing at the ground. When he notice me looking he quickly hid his face behind his hands, "... y'know what Gerard? I think I do believe you now." I laughed.

"Shut up..." I heard Mikey groan from behind his hands.

"Oh lighten up Mikes, we're just messing with you." Gee laughed.