Ryan Ross- My Sunshine

F/n- full name
Ryan's pov

I came home to the messy little apartment my girlfriend and I shared.

"Y/n, sunshine I'm home!" There was no response, that's pretty odd, where is she?

My phone began to rang, I answered it instantly, "H-hello?"

"This is central hospital, may I speak to Mr. Ross?" I already had a terrible feeling in my stomach.

"Y-yes, this is him."

"I'm sorry to inform you but, F/n has been in a fatal car accident."

"W-what..." No, not her...

"She's undergoing surgery as we speak, you may want to come down here."

"O-okay, thank you." I hung up and instantly felt the tears begin, no no no... why her?

I ran a hand through my hair before walking out of the apartment, locking it, and quickly making my way to the car. As I drove I probably got every red light. Every stop, all I could think of was her. I finally made it to the hospital and ran inside, instantly making my way to the receptionist.

"How can I help you?"

"Um, I n-need to see F-f/n, please."

"I'm sorry, but we're not allowing visitors just yet. You can take a seat and wait if you'd like."

"O-okay..." I sat down and cried as the memories of her ran through my mind.

Flashback to a few months ago

I was at the coffee shop she was working at. I was a regular customer, I didn't actually care to much for coffee, but I bought one every morning just to have an excuse to see her.

Not many people were in the shop that morning, and she was working by herself. I decided I'd finally make a move.

I walked in and was immediately greeted by the smell of black coffee and caramel drizzle. I walked over to the counter.

"Hey, are you happy to see me again?"

"Not really, you're just another customer to me." She smiled, adorable...

"Ouch, my feelings." I sarcastically said while dramatically clenching onto my shirt where my heart was. She began to laugh, I quickly joined her.

"The usual?"

"You know it," I sat at the closest table to her while she turned around to make my drink, "Y/n?"

"Yes Ryan?" She looked up, her eyes scattered with gold flakes.

"What would it take for a guy like me to go out with a pretty girl like you?" Her face instantly turned a light shade of pink.

"W-what?" I got up and walked towards the counter.

"I wanna go out with you some time. Is that okay?" She smiled sheepishly.

"Umm y-yeah, I'd love to go out with you." She bit her lip as she handed me the drink.

Flash forward, a few weeks after

I heard a knock at my apartment door, instantly opening it to see a sobbing Y/n. I hugged her tightly as I brought her inside.

"Shh shh..." She just kept crying, it hurts so much to see her like this...

I softly began to sing to her,

"You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away..."

She began to calm down and told me what was going on.

Flash back over

As I sat there, every memory of us singing that song to each other hit me all at once like a bullet being fired at its terrified victim.

Every sleepless night, every panic attack, every sad day, every stressful week, everything. It just made me sob harder, I couldn't control myself. I eventually ended up falling asleep while sitting there. I had dreams of her not making it out alive, I couldn't stand one more second without seeing her. I woke up to the receptionist tapping my shoulder.

"She's waiting for you in room 115." I instantly stood up and went to her room.

I opened the door to find her fast asleep on the hospital bed. She had bruises and scabs up her arms with wires and things attached. It was enough to make me start crying again. I took a seat next to her.

She looks so beautiful yet so broken... it should've been me in the accident, not her... why did it have to be her? My love...

I moved a strand of hair away from her face and took her hand. My cries slowly began to get louder as I looked at her beautiful figure.

Your pov

All I could see was darkness. Am I dead? No, I wouldn't be able to think if I were dead...

I began to hear a man crying. Wait I know that man! Ryan? Why is he crying? Did I do something? Oh poor Ryan...

It felt like hours had gone by, all I could hear was Ryan crying and him asking 'why her?' Why her? Why who?

As the hours went by I slowly began to pick up the pieces of what had happened. I'm in the hospital, I was in a car accident, and Ryan is crying because of it... why can't I wake up? I can't be dead...

That's when I began to hear it, singing

"You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
P-please don't t-take my sunshine away..."

He began to quietly cry towards the end, it broke my heart. I have to wake up... I can't leave him like this...

I used all my strength to do something, anything to show I was okay. After about an hour, I finally managed to move my hand. He didn't say anything, he just kept crying. He's not holding my hand, I have to open my eyes...

It took everything I had to open my eyes, but I'm glad I did. I saw Ryan, his head hung low as he cried into the palms of his hands.

I smiled, even though my throat hurt like hell, I forced myself to sing,

"You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know dear
How much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away..."

He looked up, his hair was a messy grease ball, eyes blood shot from crying, and he looked as if he hadn't showered in days, but I didn't care. He almost immediately engulfed me in a hug.

"Ryan, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have been gone for so long I-" He interrupted me.

"No, don't even try to apologize. I love you and I'm just, so happy to see you're okay." He cried.

"I love you too." He kissed me passionately.

"Darling, I know this might be a weird time but I've had a lot of time to think." He pulled away.

"Think about what?" I smiled.

"Us, you, mostly. Y/n, I love you so much. I was wondering if..." He held onto my hand with one of his while the other went to his pocket, "...you'd like to marry me?" He pulled out a black box that contained a plastic ring, with a little plastic purple gem in the middle. It made me laugh.

"Of course I'll marry you!" He engulfed me in another hug as I smiled wide.

OwO-
Ok that song got stuck in my head for about a week even tho I hadn't heard it since my childhood but then I got an idea for this so, voila! Happy birthday Ryan! Fuckin old man. I hope he has an epic sick nasty awesome sauce day. Have a totally tubular day~peace out cheesebags