Patrick Stump- Ice Cream

Patrick's pov

I stood behind the counter of the ice cream shop I worked at. My friend, Pete was helping a family out. I just stood there waiting for a customer, when I saw her. Y/n, she's so pretty...

She came in here every now and then, those days were always the best ones.

"What would you like?" I asked.

"Mint chocolate chip please." I knew it, that's her favorite...

"Right away, I-I like your pins." I told her, getting the ice cream ready.

"Oh thanks." She smiled sweetly, that smile, so cute, I feel like I might melt...

I handed her order to her and she handed me the money. Then sat down at a table by herself.

"I saw that!" Pete said from beside me.

"What?"

"What do you mean 'what'. I saw that, 'I like your pins' and you're all smiley! You like Y/n! Don't you?" He said louder than I'd like.

"Shhh, she's right there!" I felt my face turn pink.

"You should ask her out!"

"I-I couldn't do that, she wouldn't go out with a guy like me..."

"Bet!" He jumped over the counter separating the tables and the ice cream.

"Pete, no!" I was too late, he had already made his way to her and began talking. I watched from behind the counter, Oh fuck oh god no... this can't be happening...

She looked up at me and smiled, my face instantly heated up. Oh boy...

Pete walked back over.

"I told you she'd go out with you!" He handed me a piece of paper with her number on it along with her name and a heart.

"Thanks Pete."

"No problem, Pat." I looked back up at her, we exchanged glances and smiled. She got up and began to walk over. Oh geez, I didn't think I'd make it this far...

"H-hey, so Pete says you wanna go out with me. I-is that true?" I could practically see the hope fill her eyes as she asked me this.

"Uh y-yeah, yeah I do..." I nervously told her, she smiled.

"Cool, do you wanna d-do something later?"

"Um y-yeah, I'd love to." I couldn't keep my eyes off her, she's so perfect...

"When are y-you done working?"

"I get off in about an hour, d-do you wanna get dinner o-or something?"

"Sounds l-like a plan, you have my number, you can figure out the d-details. I'll see you later." She smiled one last time before walking away.

"Y-yeah see you later..." I immediately turned to Pete, "That was awful, I was awful, wasn't I?"

"No, you did great! You're going on a date with her!"

"Yeah, I guess I am." I chuckled. I was very cheery throughout the rest of the work day. As I walked out of the mall, I pulled out my phone and began to text Y/n.

Me: Hey it's Patrick, I was thinking maybe we could go to a fast food place, nothing to fancy

I hit send and felt the anxiety rise up through my body, I just asked a girl out, oh god what if I said something wrong? What if she doesn't like fast food? What if I do something wrong? What if-