Gerard Way- The Florist and The Writer

Your pov

I was walking down the street, coffee in hand, phone in the other. I was trying to find my friends new apartment to help her move in. Where the hell is it?

My phone buzzed,
Janet: Hey, we're almost done so we really don't need you anymore

Me: Oh, ok then we're still on for tomorrow Right?

Janet: Sorry, I'll be busy

Me:Ok that's fine

I fucked up another friendship, great...

I sighed, since I'm already out, might as well walk around...

I don't really get to go out much, I'm mostly stuck in my little apartment writing all day.

Wow there's a lot of new stores here, I really haven't been out in a while... there's a florist here now, cool...

I walked up to the little green building, windows covered in beautiful colorful flowers. I slid my phone into my pocket and threw away my finished coffee as I walked in. There was a man with pretty yellow hair, circular glasses, in an apron with a striped long sleeve paired with jeans and converse.

The shop was small, flowers lined the walls and covered the displays around the room. They were all very pretty and smelled lovely. He was talking to a customer so I just looked around.

"...Mr. Joseph, your wife will love the red carnations, I promise you. Have a good rest of your day, take care." He finished talking with the customer, as soon as they walked out he looked up at me. He's cute...

"Oh, hi I'm Gerard can I help you?" He walked towards me.

"I don't know much about flowers, why don't you tell me something about them, flower boy?" I told him looking into his pretty hazel eyes. He smiled.

"Ah, well the flowers behind you are pansy violets..." He reached a hand passed me, delicately touching the flower, I turned around and copied his motions, "...the pansy earned its name from the French name, pensée, or thought. It was imported into the Late Middle English as a name of viola around mid- 15th century, it was regarded as a symbol of remembrance."

"Wow, they're pretty." I said, still weaving my hand in and out of each flower in the bunch.

"Oh, and these..." He walked to a bunch of flowers next to the pansies, "...red carnations, they symbolize love, and pride..." I walked over to him, "...and, they're half off." He smiled at me.

"Yeah? Well I might get a few then." I smiled back at him. He's really cute...

"Great!" He grabbed a few, walked to the counter, and wrapped them up. I walked over, setting both my hands on the counter, "So um, here's a little booklet on how to take care of them," He slid the booklet across the counter to me, "And that'll be ten dollars and fifty cents." He ran a hand through his yellow hair as I pulled out my wallet from my pocket.

I handed him the money and he handed me the flowers, "I hope to see you again, sugar." He smiled warmly.

"Yeah, me too." I returned the smile and began to walk out.

"Wait, I never got your name!" He called out after me.

"That's cause I didn't give it!" I called back, walking out the door, and down the street to my car.

As I got into the driver seat, I set the flowers in the passenger seat and set my head against the steering wheel. All I could think about was Gerard, I've known this man for what? Five? Ten minutes? And he's already taken over my mind... this is why I don't go out...