Ray Toro- Bed Time

Your pov

I sat on the couch with my husband Ray and our little bundle of joy, Benji. We were watching cartoons before his bed time.

"Mommy, how did the power puff girls get their powers?" He asked, looking up with his adorable brown eyes.

"Sugar, spice, and everything nice," I began, reciting the theme, "The key ingredients to creating the perfect little girls, but professor Utonium accidentally, added an extra ingredient to the concoction. Chemical X!" I made sure to imitate the narrators voice as well, causing him to giggle.

"You really have that down." Ray said, impressed.

"Yeah, that'll happen after watching it a hundred times."

"Mommy?" Benji yawned, "Can I be a superhero?" I smiled.

"You can be whatever you want!" I said before turning to Ray, "It's you're turn to put him to bed."

"Yeah, I know. Come here dude." He picked up the sleepy curly haired boy.

"But I'm not even tired!" He cried, immediately yawning afterwards.

"Sure bud," He sarcastically said, carrying him into his dinosaur themed bedroom. I just stayed sitting, waiting for Ray to come back so we could cuddle. Wow he's taking awhile... I'll go see if he needs help...

I got up and made my way towards his room. As I got closer, I heard singing. I stayed standing outside the door, watching the love of my life sing beautifully to our baby boy.

"You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away..."

Joyful tears escaped my eyes, forcing me to put a hand over my mouth to cover my sobs and not disturb this perfect moment. This is so adorable... I love them so much...

Ray stroked the boys hair carefully, to not disturb him. He then kissed his head.

"Goodnight Benji," He spoke softly before getting up from the child sized bed and cautiously walking back to the door, trying not to step on any toys. As soon as his eyes met mine, a worried look appeared on his face.

"Why are you crying, love?" He asked, quietly closing the door.

"That was... that was so cute..." I sniffed, his face softened as he gave me a warm hug.

"Oh baby, you're gonna kill me y'know. Always crying over the sweetest things." He smiled, wiping away the tears. He kissed my cheek and then my nose. I just smiled, looking into the same brown eyes our little boy has.

"Ewwww," We both whipped around to see Benji had cracked the door open, looking up at the both of us with his teddy bear in hand.

"Go to bed, love." I softly told him.

"But I don't want to."

"Go to bed, or no dessert tomorrow night." He looked at me with wide eyes.

"Okay," He closed the door, defeated. I turned back to Ray.

"Just like his father, so stubborn when it comes to bed time." I said.

"Well, it depends on what you mean by bed time." I gasped and playfully hit him.

"Ray! The little one is right in there!" I joked as we began moving back into the living room.

OwO-
Awwwwwww! Thanks Dizzy_Star_77 for the request! It was so cute and fun to write! Aww uwu! This one is a lot shorter than my normal one shots, but hey, it's something. Also I used the same song from one of my previous one shots but I just think it fits well. Have an awesome day~peace out cheesebags