Neighbor's Gift

I remembered that my father said when I came home from visiting my godmother and cousin that my favorite elderly couple wanted to see me.

Then the breakup happened.

I didn't want my elderly neighbors to see me so upset.

Then my best friend was a total lifesaver.

💭Things just happen.💭

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went early this morning Saturday July 25, around the time my father left for work.

💭They were awake, they were early birds, rise at the break of dawn.💭

I walk up the path and see the realtor sign. On top it had a sold sign.

I go over next door with blue knee high socks a blue and brown patterned skirt, a baby blue polo and brown Mary Janes.

I knock on the door. Mrs. Gibson opens the door.

"Good morning Rose, I wasn't expecting you to come so early in the morning." Mrs. Gibson said. "Come in, come, come."

I step into the house and close the front door behind me.

"Good morning Miss Rose." Mr. Gibson said as he walked into the living room.

"Good morning Mr. Gibson." I say.

"Did you have your breakfast?" Mrs. Gibson asks me.

"Yes I did." I said. "Just before I came over here."

"That's good." Mrs. Gibson said.

"Such a good child." Mr. Gibson said.

I smile.

💭This was going to be my last visit with them for awhile. Until they get settled into the senior settlement.💭

"You've been wanting to go to this place for awhile." I say. "You two must be so excited."

"We are." Mrs. Gibson says while she's prepping her tea.

"It's time for another family to live in this house." Mr. Gibson said.

"Have you met the new family?" I ask.

"Yes, we have." Mrs. Gibson. "A nice husband and wife with a sixteen year old boy, nine year old boy, a two year old girl and a cat."

"My goodness, I didn't know the house was this big." I say.

The Gibsons and I laugh.

"Walk with me into Melissa's room." Mrs. Gibson said.

I follow Mrs. Gibson to Melissa's room.

"Rose, Melissa is coming in a few days with her fiancé, Timonthy to gather some old childhood things." Mrs. Gibson said. "Now she wouldn't want everything so I thought you can bring your girlfriends to help clear both of my daughters' closets."

"No problem." I say. "I will have them over."

"Honestly, I wanted you to come with Zander when Melissa and Timonthy come." Mrs. Gibson said. "The four of us had surprises for the two of you."

"Okay." I say. "Zander and I were planning to come a bit later. I came now to see if you needed help to move some things out."

"Yes." Mrs. Gibson said. "All of Nicole's and Melissa's books, we don't need. It's just too much for us to bring."

"I understand." I say.

"So, these books can be split up between, you, Zander and all of your friends." Mrs. Gibson said. "If there are any books that none of you guys want then you can have a yard sale along with some of your mom's things."