Sage

It is the next day. I forgot today's date. Wow. I am terrible.

No wait, I got it. Today is Tuesday, August 25, 2015.

Sage is a cousin of Elliott who came to town to visit the family before the new baby came.

Elliott wanted me to get to know her. I was okay with it so I had invited her over so we can hang out.

💭I felt like she was going to try to convince me into dating Elliott. Also she might think I'm crazy for turning him down yesterday. Even though I didn't want to do that. Especially to Elliott. He has been nothing but everything I want and need in a guy. Uggh. My heart is so complicated. It's getting on my nerves.💭

"Elliott lately has been texting me about you." Sage said. "I took a picture of the first message."

Sage shows me the message.

💬I met a girl. We talked and it was epic.💬

"What did you tell him?" I ask Sage.

"I told him if you don't fight for what you want, you'll never have it." Sage says.

"Well, he's been fighting." I say.

"And?" Sage asks.

"Some part of me tells me that I'm not ready." I say. "I don't know why though."

"Interesting." Sage says.

"Don't get me wrong, I like Elliott a lot." I say. "I'm just holding back on those feelings because I don't want it to look like I did a rebound from my last relationship."

"You don't want to get into a relationship too soon." Sage assumes.

"You're correct." I say.

"You're delirious." Sage implies. "Screw rebounds!"

"Is that flower crown real?" I ask.

"No it's fake flowers from Michael's I made the crown myself." Sage says. "Wait don't change the subject."

I start to laugh.

Roxy comes into my room and jumps onto my bed. She lays down between Sage and I.

"Seriously though you need to get with my cousin." Sage says.