Time Capsule

Today is Monday, August 31, 2015.

💬Guess what day it is! It's time capsule day! We have been waiting for this day Rose. Now let's get this show on the road. I'll see you soon. ~Aurora💬

It has been eight years since we buried a time capsule in the woods five minutes away from Zander's house.

Everyone is going to meet over at Zander's then walk over together.

Zander has always kept the map. He has never lost it. I would've lost the map if I were to keep it.

So everyone met up and Zander's and the guys went a head first to dig up the chest. Once the guys finished digging up the time capsule, Jax and Shane came back for us girls to bring the materials and update the time capsule.

Once everyone was at the time capsule, we all looked inside and saw all these papers most of us wrote on talking about what we wanted for ourselves by now.

"Look at this Rose." Hazel said. "You wished that by now you would get an acceptance letter to Hogwarts."

Everyone laughs.

I bite my lip in embarrassment.

Elliott puts his arm around me and says, "I think it's cute."

I smile and blush. "Still a proud Gryffindor I need to get a sweatshirt from Universal Studios."

Elliott chuckles.

"Hazel, you put by this time you wanted to hug all the sad people and make them unsad." Lily said.

We all laugh except for Hazel who has a straight face.

"That's so cute." Hazel said. "I can't believe that I was that cute of a kid."

"This was before you became an evil child." Lily says.

Luna and I giggle as Hazel pinches her sister.

"Y'all saw that right?" Lily says. "Evil child."

"Shut up." Hazel says. "At the end of the day you love me."

We all read through all the papers and look at all these memorable childhood items which were perfect conversations to allow Elliott to join into and be closer with all of us.

"Here's a thing that I have learned in this world so far by living in it." I say. "Syllables form words and words form meanings that could either mend a heart or shatter it."

"Anything else?" Luna asks.

"Our hearts are the wildest creatures that we know which is why our ribs hold them in as a cage." I say.

"Maybe everywhere we've been to in our lives is where we have found little parts of ourselves." Jax says.

I got a surprise.

Some of the guys bring a larger trunk in front of the girls and start digging a larger hole so the trunk can fit.

"I can't believe we got a larger one." Gina says. "What are we going to do with all of the extra space?"

"I'm going to leave myself with a little motivational note for myself to have in the future and had kept me going in the past to the present." I say. "When you feel like quitting tomorrow, remember why you started." I fold the little note, put a rose sticker on it and put it in the trunk.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

"Hey." Hazel says. "We should write our names on the inside of the trunk."

We all did what Hazel said with little pieces of duct tape with our first names written in it.

After that we all brought different items meaningful to us that we know we can live without for the next decade because we all knew it would be safe.

"Is it ready to be buried?" Skylar asks.

"Yeah." Shane says while putting his arms around his girlfriend and his twin sister. "It sure is."

The guys buried the time capsule.

"See you in another ten years." Kinsley said.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by moments that take our breath away.

Everyone has a story everyone has gone through, something that changed them.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. To those who slow down when their minds are racing to take in the present while forgetting about the past and the future.