Hazel's Crush

**Rose's POV**

Later in the afternoon, I walk into the local cafe and find Hazel sitting at a table alone with an iced coffee.

"Mind if I sit?" I ask.

"Go on ahead." Hazel says.

"So, who are you meeting up with here?" I ask.

"Shane." Hazel says. "We're actually going on a date."

"Wait." I say. "You two are getting together?" I push some hair away from my face. "It's a bout time, no wonder you're looking so cute."

Hazel laughs. "Thanks." She says. "Just don't tell Lily yet."

"How come?" I ask. "Lily has known Shane since forever."

"I know I know." Hazel says. "It's just well have you seen how protective she is with Luna?"

"Yes." I say.

"Wait to see how Lily is protective of me." Hazel says.

A waitress comes to Hazel and I. "Is there something you want to drink?"

I cleared my throat before saying, "I would like to get an medium iced coffee with milk, vanilla and three sugars."

"Coming right up." The waitress says.

"Thank you." I say as the waitress walks away.

"So what was I going to say?" Bringing the conversation between Hazel and I back up on the table. "Oh yes, that's true, you never knew how Lily is when it comes to you going out with guys."

"See what I mean?" Hazel says. She takes a sip of her iced coffee.

The waitress walks over with my iced coffee. She sets it on the table. I say thank you and pay for my iced coffee before she walks away.

"So what do you like about him?" I ask after taking a sip of my iced coffee.

"It's just the way he smiles." Hazel says.

"And the fact that you've known him." I say. "Since forever."

"True." Hazel says. "It's weird in a type of way."

"How?" I ask.

"That it's like this." Hazel says. "Becoming a couple after being friends for this long."

"Still have that quote that sums up love?" I ask Hazel.

"Yeah." She says. "Love starts with a hug, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear."