Grandma's Visit

"You look absolutely wonderful in that dress Rose." My grandma said. "Everything about it is perfect."

"Grandma, don't make me blush." I say.

I got to spend a day with my grandma at her apartment in TriBeCa, NYC.

I came in the city late last night after one of dad's really long shifts.

💭Good thing Kinsley and I filmed our cover of Bad Blood early that morning.💭

Today is Sunday July 26. Grandma and I just finished brunch and we decided to take a walk on the NYC high line.

Lily, Luna and I made a group text to talk about girl things between the three of us.

I told Luna to fill me in about her cover shoot through that group text.

💬Lily, you and Jax need to focus! This cover is a lot of work! -Luna🌙🌌🐰💬

💬Luna, I have no idea what you're talking about, keep calm and just do your acapella! -Lily🐯🌸🐱💬

💬You guys are cracking me up! Let me come up with a resolution for the both of you. Focus on this thing. As for Lily, flirt with Jax later. Scratch that, when this cover is done, I dare Lily to go on a walk with Jax on the boardwalk. -Rose🌹🐻💬

💬Rose, you're a genius! I so love you right now. -Luna🌙🌌🐰💬

💬Fine, I'll do it. -Lily🐯🌸🐱💬

💭Did Lily say she'll ask Jax out on a date? Rose you are a good matchmaker. No, the best matchmaker ever known in my social group.💭

"What are you planning to do for the rest of your summer?" My grandma asks.

"I don't know yet." I said. "Layal texted me last night saying that she wanted to talk to me as soon as I get back home."

"Are you doing cover anytime soon?" My grandma asks.

"I am." I said. "But you're to have to find out later like everyone else."

"Shoot." My grandma said.

As my grandma and I walked along the high line, we talked about the Gibsons moving, how I got all the books, clothes and old bookshelf.

I told my grandma that I'm going to be Melissa's maid of honor in her upcoming wedding in October.

Also I told my grandma about the $10,000 college fund the Gibsons set up for me and also for Zander.

When my grandma and I went back to her apartment, she told me about her life when she was a teenager in the 1950's.

"I would've loved for you to have a 1950's Friday night for a sweet 16." My grandma said.

"Yeah but things didn't work out and everyone had different schedules." I said. "Although I did get great gifts for my birthday."

"Well, I decided to go to get you something for your music and dancing." Grandma said. "Go into your room."

I went into my bedroom. I found a old style microphone that was used in the past. Then there was a duffle bag on top of my bed.

"Open us the duffle bag honeybee.🐝" Grandma said.

I open up the bag and I find a riverside leotard in baby blue and black, a pinch - front tank leotard in a deep purple, a long sleeve leotard in grey, a suspended beauty tank leotard in maroon, and two short sleeve leotards, one in rose red, one in petal pink.

"So many leotards." I said.

"There's more." Grandma said.

"More?" I ask.