Aurora's Words

"I want to pull you to the side real quick." Aurora whispers into my ear.

Aurora and I walk up the boardwalk.

"Listen here sunshine, I know it's rough." Aurora said. "You're unbreakable because you are right here, having fun, without him."

"That's true." I say. "You're lucky that you don't care about having a boyfriend."

💭I just love it when Aurora calls me sunshine. It just makes my day whenever she calls me that. 💭

"Think of this as a good thing instead of a bad thing." Aurora said. "We both know that things could've gotten worse."

"True." I say.

"Which also means that there's a better guy out there in this world, waiting to meet you." Aurora said.

I laugh and playfully punch her arm.

"Dream big, sunshine." Aurora said. "You're unique and it's harder for you to find that significant other."

"True." I say. "Finding my better half is going to be harder than I thought."

"You'll get there sunshine, I know you will." Aurora said. "Put your emotions first."

"Aurora, you always know the right thing to say." I say. "I know for sure that you are the fairest of them all."

"Am I really?" Aurora asks.

"Yes, you're the fairest of them all." I say.

"Let's get going." Luna said.

"We're going to do something that we haven't done before." Lily said.

"I can't wait." Penelope said.

When it comes to Aurora giving advice, her words just stick in your head and constantly repeat until you make a choice.

It had that effect on me since I've known her in camp in the summer before seventh grade.

The girls and I walk up the boardwalk together, all of us, arms linked, happy to have the good time we were having.

Yet we didn't need out phones.