Surprising Return

**Rose's POV**

It's Saturday night. I stayed with Penelope and her mother for dinner. After dinner, I left.

💭I haven't heard from Elliott all day today.💭

Going on my phone. It's this horrible habit of mine while walking home on my own.

💭This is the first time I've walked home alone in a real long time.💭

🔱Discover the secrets of the night sky.🔱

💭Cute quote.💭

"Hey." Elliott said as he gets up from a step of my porch. "Long time no see stranger."

I run over to Elliott, jump into his arms and hug him tight.

💭I never knew that I missed him so much.💭

Elliott let go from the hug and wrapped his arm around my waist as I held onto his shirt.

"I missed you." I mumble.

"I missed you too." Elliott said.

He takes his free hand to push some of my hair away from my face. His fingertips were touching my skin, giving me chills all over my body.

"You're as beautiful as you were yesterday on FaceTime." Elliott said.

I smile, chuckle and put my head down, leaning against Elliott's chest.

"Someone got some sun." I said.

Elliott chuckles. Then he smiles.

💭That smile.💭

Elliott and I just stood still.

"I have to tell you something." Elliott said, breaking the silence.

"Go ahead." I said.

"Don't hold me back." He says.

"I won't." I say.

"Promise." He commands.

"Swear." I confirm.

"When we first met, I had no idea you would be so important to me." Elliott said. "One universe, eight planets, two hundred and four countries, eight hundred and nine islands, seven seas and I had the privilege to meet you."

💭I must be blushing so much right now.💭

"I like you." Elliott said. "While I was away, I missed you like crazy."

"Elliott I -" I said.

"Just listen." Elliott interrupts. "Even though I was miles away, I can still feel you lay your head down on my embrace, like right now."

"Elliott, I like you too." I said. "Let me say something."

"Say something." Elliott said. "I'm all ears."

"I don't want to hurt you because we've gotten so close." I said.

Elliott take my by the chin and slightly pushes my head up, something that always has me lose my breath.