Dang Gina

It's Tuesday, August 18, 2015. Lily, Luna, Zander, Aurora Jax and I just came home from California about 90 minutes ago.

As soon as I finished unpacking from Paris, Nashville and California, I went over to Gina's to chill for a bit. Gina wanted to give me my birthday present from her trip to Nashville.

"You've been talking with Elliott for awhile now." Gina said. "Something must be going on."

"Nothing big." I said. "Nothing is going to happen either."

"For now." Gina said. "You'll never know."

Gina turns around and that's when I see some jewelry in her belly button.

"Gina!" I shouted.

"What?" Gina asks me. "Rose, are you okay?"

I point to her belly button.

"I did it on the road trip." Gina scoffs. "Long time ago."

I start to wheeze.

"Keep calm." Gina tells me. "We were born to be bad."

"I'm in another world." I say. "What happened when I was in California?!"

"The more you talk about someone, you become more in love with that person." Gina said.

"Don't change the dang subject!" I holler. "That doesn't work on me!"

Gina laughs.

"This isn't funny!" I squeal. "You got a hole in your belly button that is covered up with a stone."

Gina keeps on laughing. Her eyes are getting filled with tears.

"Dang Gina, way to take care of me during my panic attack." I say.

"Dang Rose, calm yourself, we're young it's time to have fun." Gina says. "Like you and Preston did over the weekend."

"Gina." I groan.

Gina laughs. "Breathe child."

"Do I look dead?" I say sarcastically.

"Alright." Gina says. "Seriously though, the more you talk about someone, you become more in love with that person."

"Gina." I say.

"Don't change the subject on me, I'm smart." Gina sneers. "You like Elliott and you know it."

I pace around Gina's bedroom.

💭I can't even. Gina is right. I don't even know why I have been diverting this thought.💭

"Earth to Rose." Gina says. "Time to get out of wonderland darling."

"Okay, okay." I say as I take a seat on Gina's bed. "I admit it, I like Elliott."

"She finally admits it

"She finally admits it." Gina says into the sky.

"It's just that you know that moment you're scared to find love after a heartbreaker commits a heartbreak on you." I sulk.

"You're better than that though." Gina says to me.

"It's just that I'm making it hard on myself

"It's just that I'm making it hard on myself." I say as I lay down on my back on her bed.

"The only thing I can tell you is to follow your heart." Gina says. "I suggest you take a walk, a nap, some time to yourself and really think it over about how you want to move on."

"You really think so?" I ask Gina while sitting up on her bed

"Yeah." Gina says. "You've been through a lot, you deserve the best."

"You're right." I say. "Next time you do something involving a hold about to be put in your body, please let me know so I don't have another episode."

"Loud and clear." Gina says.

I stand up. "See you." I say. Then leave Gina's to walk on home and start my deep thoughts about moving on.