Jagged Heart (Metal Man x Reader)

"Let's cut to the chase already!" Cut man huffed impatiently.

"We've been over this a dozen times now."

"Ok... I can do this." Metal Man suddenly felt a burst of courage in his circuits.

"(Y/n), will you go out with me?" Metal Man practiced asking you out.

"That's it! Now get out there and show her how sharp you are!" Cut Man pushed Metal Man out into the open, then hid behind a nearby bush to watch Metal Man successfully ask you out.

Metal Man nervously walked over to you, fidgeting with his hands.

You were sitting on the park bench, taking a rest from your busy tree-cutting routine. You were a cutter robot like Cut Man and Metal Man, so you three would work together.

"Um...(Y/n)... There's been something I was wanting to ask you..." Metal Man said.

"What do you want to ask me?" You look up at him.

"W-will you..."

"Pass me that branch?" Metal Man regretfully said.

In the distance, Cut Man face palmed.

"Oh, um sure." You reach out to the ground and pick up the tiny branch and hand it to Metal Man, and as soon as he received it, he sprinted back to Cut Man.

"I couldn't do it!" Metal Man whined, giving the stick to Cut Man.

Cut Man took the stick and gave Metal Man a quick whack on the head.

"Metal Man, you and I both know I've been trying to get you two together, ever since you told me you liked her, but you aren't making the cut!!" Cut Man said, pointing the stick at Metal Man.

"What do you know about relationships? You're mostly incompetent." Metal Man muttered.

"Don't get snippy with me. You want help or not?" Cut Man replied.

"Yes..." Metal Man said.

------------

"Use a cutting-edge pick up line. At least it won't make you as nervous as before." Cut Man suggested.

"I'm not sure if that's gonna work."

"Do something like, "You look sharp!"" Cut Man said.

"Again, I don't know if that's gonna work." Metal Man sighed.

"Hold on, isn't (Y/n) working overtime?" Cut Man said, idea in mind.

"Yeah, why?"

"You could totally swoop in and be like, "Need some help?" Then, you'd use your Metal Blades to cut down trees, making (Y/n)'s work a whole lot easier, then, she'd thank you and that's when you make your move!" Cut Man suggested, his eyes filled with confidence.

"Actually, that's a great idea!" Metal Man said.

"Alright then, let's go!" Cut Man started running ahead.

-------------

Metal Man looked over to a bush, where Cut Man was watching. Cut Man gave a quick thumbs up and that was the signal for Metal Man to go with his plan.

"Hey there, need some help?" Metal Man calls out to you.

You turned around and saw Metal Man with metal blades in his hands.

"Yes, please. Thanks you, Metal Man." You smiled at him.

Metal Man blushed at the sight of your smile.

"S-So... Which tree do you want me to cut?" Metal Man asked you, but his voice started to trail off as he noticed a crack in a large tree branch above you.

"What's wrong?" You noticed his voice trailing off.

"W-watch out!" Metal Man jumped over to you and pushed you away just before the branch hit the ground, but it didn't hit the ground, it hit Metal Man, crushing his back.

"Metal Man, no!" You rush back to Metal Man and cut the branch so you could pull it off him easier.

"Are you ok? Do you need to be repaired? I can take you..." You helped Metal Man get up to his feet, steadying him since he was a little unbalanced.

"I-I'm fine.." Metal Man said weakly.

"Thank you for saving me! That was really brave of you." You jump up and give him a little kiss on his cheek.

Metal Man took off his mouthpiece and kissed you courageously, but pulled away when he heard Cut Man loudly cheering and celebrating.

"D-don't mind him..." Metal Man said embarrassed.

"Heh alright. Let's get you fixed. You start walking with Metal Man, and he looked back and gave a quick thumbs up to Cut Man as a thank you for his help.