Love of Nature (Wood Man x Reader)

"Hey, Wood Man!" You call out to the dense forest.

Rustling can be heard in the distance, until Wood Man popped out of the forest.

"Oh hey, you made it! Come on, follow me!" Wood Man started to go back in, and you followed him.

Wood Man promised he'd take you hiking in the forest, just because he noticed that you enjoyed being around nature, and that made him happy seeing someone notice how beautiful nature is.

"So where are we going to go?" You ask him.

"I dunno, wherever nature leads us." He replied.

Though he was a little slow, you where always right beside him. He'd point out the robot wolves prowling around the forest.

"Those where built for this forest preserve. See, some people would come in the forest and treat it badly. They'd cut down trees, litter, or hunt animals. But these robot wolves here are like a guard. They would scare away those kinds of people, and leave the ones who respect nature alone. Alternatively, I am the only one who can control them." Wood Man explains.

"Wow, that's so cool!" You jump up excitedly.

"Yup! These wolves are the perfect guards." Wood Man pats your head and then whistles, making three robot wolves appear.

Wood Man crouched down to pet them, and they reacted as if they were playful dogs. They'd jump at him and lick his face, and nuzzle him.

"Don't worry, they won't bite." Wood Man said, and at that very moment the wolves ran over to you and started to give you as much affection as they gave Wood Man.

"Aww, they're just like little puppies!" You say, hugging them.

"They sure are!" Wood Man replied.

Though in the distance, a wolf yelp could be heard, though it sounded glitched and distorted.

All the wolves' ears perked up.

"Something must be wrong...!" Wood Man said.

"Go figure out what's wrong." Wood Man ordered the wolves.

They nodded and sprinted into the distance.

"We should go too." You tell him.

"Alright. Stay close by, there might be danger ahead."

------------

Once Wood Man stopped, there were about five robot wolves circling and whimpering at another wolf twitching and emitting strange noises on the ground.

Wood Man got closer to inspect what was wrong with it.

Something.... Attacked it!" Wood Man observed the large scratch at the side, where it was heavily leaking oil.

"I think it was some kind of large animal... Though I'm not sure what it was..."

"But what are we going to do about this wolf?" You ask worriedly.

"We're just going to have to switch him to offline mode until I can get him repaired." Wood Man pressed a switch hidden on the back of its head and turned the wolf off. He carried it over to a large tree and hid it behind a bush, and ordered one of the wolves to look after it while he is gone.

"Come on, let's find who did this. The forest might be in danger if we don't do something about this." Wood man explained to you with a worried tone in his voice.

"Wait a minute, the ground here is a little hard around this certain area, as if something heavy stepped here and made the soil a little compressed." You explained, touching the ground.

"Wow, I guess you're right... You make a great detective!" Wood Man said.

"Thanks..! I guess I'm just nature-smart." You say.

You heard a loud roar in the distance. It sounded like it came from some kind of reptile.

"It sounds like we have a big problem..." You say.

"I know that sound....It's...It's the Mecha Dragon!" Wood Man had his face all worried, then he started pacing around.

"Mecha Dragon in my forest...? No no no no no..." He mumbled to himself.

"Wood Man, I know we can do this, just calm down!!" You hold onto his arm, making his pacing stop.

"I'm sorry. I just don't know what to do... If I go there I could get burned or possibly killed..." Wood Man said.

"Then I'll go!" You say, and without waiting for a response, you rush out and disappear into the forest.

"No, wait!!" Wood Man started to run for you, but it was too late. He couldn't catch up to you, even if he tried.

----------

The Mecha Dragon was at a large clearing, and you slowly approached it. It let out a roar of warning, but you kept on walking, until you touched its metallic snout.

It let out a puff of smoke from its nose, but it didn't try to harm you. You started to pet it and talk to it gently, and it seemed to like it.

----------

"Oh Man, I should have done something... Could you please look for (Y/n)?" Wood Man whispered to a robot wolf next to him. The wolf obeyed and ran into the trees, but quickly retreated and hid behind Wood Man when he noticed something in the sky that frightened it.

"Is that...(Y/n)... On the MECHA DRAGON?!?" Wood Man stood in awe as you were riding on top of the Mecha Dragon, which you tamed.

You landed right in front of Wood Man and dismounted the dragon, and then you petted it.

"H-how??" Wood Man was staring at you with his mouth agape.

"I tamed it. Pretty cool, huh?" You said coolly.

"That was amazing! Not only did you save my forest preserve, but you didn't hurt the dragon! You are truly the nature type I'm looking for!" Wood Man responded with happiness.

"Thanks! Wait, what do you mean?"

"It means you're the type I love." Wood Man holds your hand and kissed you on the forehead.

"Aww, Wood Man...you're too kind..!" You blush and hide your face.

"You want to continue with the hiking?" Wood Man asked you with a smile.

"I'd love to."

You tell the Mecha Dragon to stay in here, and watch the wounded robot wolf until they returned. The Dragon understood. Wood Man lifted you up and placed you on top of his shoulders, and then the two of you continued hiking in the beauty of nature.