Burning Passion (Burner Man x Reader)

(Hey guys, I'm still alive. XD)

"Calm down!"

It was the middle of winter, and Burner Man was burning down forests, again. (Even through all that snow.) You always had to convince him to stop doing so. He twitched at your plead and turned to look at you.

"What's up? I'm perfectly normal. I don't need to be calmed." He said.

"Then....how come you're burning down forests? You always go and burn them down!" You exclaimed.

"So what? I like burning things. Isn't it obvious?"

"That doesn't mean you hav-"

Before you could finish your sentence, Burner Man suddenly grabbed you and jumped away from a falling chunk of a burning tree branch.

"Tch. Careful. You almost got crushed by that tree branch." Burner Man said smugly.

"Run along while I finish burning this forest down."

"N-No!" you yelled.

"Feisty one, aren't you? Look, truth is, King told me that there's a self- destruct bomb inside of me. It'll detonate If I don't turn burn up a forest. Gotta burn one each day." He said, continuing to sear the forest around him.

"That's not true...!" You blurted out.

"It might not be. What are the chances? It's either me being blown up or not."  He said half-heartedly.

"-but..." You couldn't argue with him. After all, you did have a crush on him. You were too frustrated too think straight, though. You didn't want the forest to be burnt down, but you didn't want Burner to blow up, either. You shook your head and teleported back to King's place.

-----------

"Hey Astro, have you seen King?" You asked the first Robot Master you saw as soon as you were teleported to King's place.

"Oh! Uh, I'm pretty sure he's in his headquarters. He's mostly always there whenever he's not outside.

"Alright, thank you." You gave a quick wave of goodbye and headed into King's headquarters. Once at his door, you knocked on his door and let yourself in.

"King, I have a question to ask." You said. He looked up at you with a puzzled expression on your face.

"Yes?"

"It's about Burner Man." You blushed a bit when you mentioned his name.

"What about him?

"Is it true what you said...?" You continued on. "...about the bomb in his body?"

King stared at you, thinking heavily, until it hit his mind.

"Oh! That. I remember now. To be honest, I tricked Burner into thinking that he has a self destruct bomb that'll detonate if he doesn't burn at least one forest a day."

"I knew it wasn't true..." You mumbled to yourself. "Thanks anyway, King." You ran out of his room, but then you heard a teleportation beam hit on the main hall. You assumed Burner Man had returned.

"Hey, Burner." You said. He turned to look at you. You shuddered a bit on how intimidating his glowing green eyes were.

"Hey, is something wrong?" He said, showing genuine signs of concern.

"Oh, nothing....I-I'm just...cold that's all. It is winter after all." You said, shrugging.

"...Cold? Heh, I can help you warm up." said Burner Man with a smirk.

He picked you up and hugged you in order to warm you up. His armor was warm, but what also warned you up was the fact that you were blushing like mad.

Burner Man smiled at your facial expression and how much you were blushing. "Y'know, you're pretty cute when you're blushing like that."

You tried to hide your face, but you couldn't after Burner Man removed one of your hands and kissed you on the cheek.

"Does that help in "warming up?" Burner Man joked.

"A lot..." You said embarrassedly as you too tried to kiss him on the cheek.