Snake Man x Reader

(I made Snake Man as a big softie  in this one, I dunno why. Anyways, enjoy!)

Living in Dr. Wily's castle was pretty ordinary, except for one thing.

A certain Robot Master kept following you around, stalking you like a predator would with his prey. It was starting to become a daily routine, and much to say it irritated you.

Working on some reconnaissance mission papers on your desk, you heard a faint hiss at the corner of your room.

"...Snake Man, would you do me a favor and leave me alone?" You asked.

"I could never leave you." He said, slithering closer to you.

It seemed as if he had an obsession over you. You sighed as you continue to write on your mission paper.

"...I know Gemini Man broke your room's air conditioner systems-on purpose- and that your room is as cold as Ice Man's stage." You said, ignoring his previous reply.

"Sssssso?"

"You're a snake. You need constant heat, don't you?"

"Well, um, yesssss." He said embarrassedly.

"I can't help you with that. Go to Gemini Man's room." You turned away from him, looking back at your papers.

"Assssss if. Lassst time, I accidentally ssssscared him ssssso bad he almost blasted my face with hissss Gemini Lassser."

"Only 'cause the only way you can approach people is by sneaking up on them." You said, staring at your paper, losing your concentration. You buried your face in your arms, trying to get focused, but as your raised your head up again, Snake Man had inched closer, invading your personal space.

"Snake Man, would you PLEASE leave me alone...?" You unintentionally raised your voice a bit.

Snake Man looked at you straight in the eye, and saw that you were serious. You then saw a tinge of sadness in his eyes as he turned away from you and slowly crept back into the dark and out of your room.

You sighed heavily, having the feeling of intense guilt building up in your chest. You didn't mean to hurt his feelings. He was just a simple robot longing for somebody to keep him company. After all, no one really liked being around him. You continued writing on your paper, but now you felt truly by yourself.

-------------
"Here are the reconnaissance papers, Shadow." You said, handing them over to the ninja robot.

"Thank you. You can-"

Before Shadow Man could finish, the castle's security sirens blared on.

"There's trouble afoot. Carry out my order and call all third numbers for combat, including you." Shadow Man said hastily as he headed for the outside.

"Will do." You rushed out and called out the third numbers for combat. All of you rushed outside, and saw the threat.

"It's the Yellow Devil!" Cried out Spark Man.

"He's gone haywire due to having been infected with virus." Explained Shadow Man.

"Alright, third numbers, lets go!"

------------
After a while, you've managed to shut down the Yellow Devil. Everyone was damaged and tired.

"Everyone here?" Shadow asked. "Spark, Gemini, Hard, Magnet, Top, Needle....Where's Snake?"

Everyone looked at each other as they shook their heads and shrugged. No one had seen him."

"Everyone, go back to the castle and get yourselves repaired. (Y/N), put your reconnaissance skills to use and find Snake Man." Shadow Man commanded.

"Got it."

You looked around for Snake Man,  trying to find him. Did he leave early so that I wouldn't see him? You asked yourself. You looked behind the deactivated Yellow Devil, and there he was, trapped under it.

"Snake Man!" You exclaimed, running over to him and pushing the Yellow Devil off of him.

"Are you ok!?"

"...I-I'm fine." He said quietly, avoiding to looking into your eyes.

-----------
"There you go. It's gonna be a while until they will repair you. They ran out of the necessary parts. Stay here and rest." You said.

"Thank you." He said quietly. Looking down at his fingers as he started to fidget them.

You turned back at your desk and remained silent. You had nothing to say. You still felt really bad, so you might as well could say something to him.

".......Snake...?" You said quietly

He looked up, but he didn't reply. You got up from your desk and walked over to him and sat next to him.

"I-I'm sorry for being rude to you. I just... needed some time alone to finish my papers. Please, I don't want you to look sad anymore."

"...No, I'm the one who sssshould be ssssorry. I invaded your perssssonal sssspace, and I sssshould have left you alone, and-"

Before he could finish, you reached up to him and kissed him on the lips. It seemed like forever until you pulled away from him.

"Let's just forget about all of that." You said. Snake Man smiled brightly as he pulled you in for an embrace that would soon have you both asleep in each other's arms.