Wood Man x Reader part 2

You were strolling alongside Wood Man on a bright, sunny day. He promised to take you somewhere on a date.

"Enjoying the sunlight?" You asked. He looked like he was basking in the sunlight.

"Hm? Oh, yeah! I love the sun's warmth, though it feels nice." He replied.

"It does feel kinda nice." You say. He picked you up and carried you on his shoulders, and continued to walk through the park.

You hear a weird sound that sounded animal-like. You look up and find a cat stuck up on a tree, struggling to get down.

"Wood Man, there's a cat stuck up in that tree!" You exclaimed. He stopped walking immediately, almost throwing you off of him.

"What?! Where?!" Wood Man said.

You pointed at the tree in which the cat was in. Wood Man immediately ran up to it. You stood up on his shoulders and climbed the tree, using Wood Man's head as support.

"What are you doing?" Wood Man said in shock.

"I'm trying to rescue it!"

"B-But you can fall and get hurt! I could have called a fire truck or something...!" Wood said.

"No time!" You grabbed the frightened cat and jump off the tree, expecting to land on your feet when you hit the ground, but instead, Wood Man caught you, sighing in relief.

"Thank you!" You kissed his cheek.

"Heh, no problem!" He blushed smiled brightly as he put you back in the ground.

You put the cat on the ground, it purred and rubbed it's head against your leg.

"Aw! He's too cute!" You reach down and stroke it's fur, purring loudly, but then eventually it turned its head and walked away.

You kept staring at the way that the cat went, hoping it would come back, but it didn't.

"Hey, you wanna go back home...?" Wood Man said as hugged you. It was starting to get windy and cold.

"Y-Yeah, alright. You hugged Wood Man back as he picked you up and carried you home.

-----------

At your room, you were reading a book, when you heard a knock on your door, followed by Wood Man coming in.

"You haven't fallen asleep yet? It's getting late." Wood Man said. He sat down on your bed.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't know what time it was. I should go to sleep." You say, putting your book aside.

"Alright. Goodnight, sweetheart." Wood Man stood up and gave you a kiss on your forehead, turned off the lamp besides you and quietly shut the door.

-----------

"Is...the...animal adoption c-center...closed?" Wood Man said, out of breath. He ran all the way from his house to the store in the middle of the night.

"Uh, yeah it's open." Said one of the workers. "It's open 24/7"

"Awesome." Wood Man and the worker went inside.

-----------
The next morning, you awoke tiredly, so you drank an E-Tank before heading downstairs. You quietly open the door and get out of your room, assuming Wood Man was still asleep, but as you reach the living room, you find Wood Man kneeling down on the floor doing something.

"Hey Wood Man, what are you doing...?" you said. He jumped up and quickly turned around, but it seemed as if he was hiding something.

"I...Oh, something, just something." He smiled a huge grin. You noticed he had a few scratch marks on his wood-armor, but suddenly, a cat came out from behind Wood Man and purred as it ran up to you and rubbed it's head against your leg. You were confused why there was a cat.

"Oh, um, surprise..? It's a gift from me." Wood Man smiled brightly.

"Wood Man...Thank you so much!!" You hugged Wood Man tightly.

"Heh, it was nothing...!"

You reached up to him and kissed him on the sweetly on the lips. He patted your hair as you started to play with your new cat.

(A birthday request from kittens4jc
Have a great birthday!)