Chapter 22

I took out another tissue and blew my nose. I have no idea how this baseball thing is gonna work out tonight. I closed my eyes and felt something cold hit my forehead. My eyes shot open and I saw Alanna with a toy stethoscope.

"Yup just as I thought," she said.

"Oh what's wrong?" I played along.

"You've caught the love bug," she giggled and ran over to her father, " and so did Daddy."

"Oh really," I questioned.

"Yup looks like you caught the love bug for eachother."

Randy looked and me and chuckled.

"That sounds about right," he replied.

"Yup now for my pay?" she said holding out her hand palm up.

"You must think I'm made of money so here's five dollars to hold you over," he said handing Alanna the bill.

"I'm rich!" she cheered earning a laugh from Randy and I.

"Alanna you are to cute," I giggled.

"Just like my daddy," she replied pinching his cheeks.

"Alanna," he laughed.

"My shift is over time for a break," she said and ran into the bedroom.

"You feeling better?" Randy asked.

"A little," I sniffles. He got up and sat next to me and moved my legs so they were on his lap.

"How about now?" he asked.

"A little better," I replied. He placed a kiss on my nose and grinned. "How about now?"

"A lot better," I laughed.

I woke up not even realizing that I had fallen asleep. "Time to wake up," Randy said nudging my shoulder.

"I'm up I'm up," I whispered. I felt better my runny nose wasn't god and I didn't get the urgency to couch. Wait there it is, achoooo.

"Still sick huh?" he asked.

"I guess but I'm feeling fine."

"Good well you gotta get ready."

I skipped into the room and put on my Kershaw jersey, a pair of dark jeans, and a pair of black converse. I curled my hair and minimized my make up.

"I'm ready," I shouted across the bus.

"Can you help Alanna get her jacket on?" he asked. I walked over to Alanna and helped her zip up her jacket and we were ready.

We arrived at Cardinals stadium and I adored it. I have been a baseball fan all my life. I saw a small statue and I asked someone if they could take a picture of the three of us. We all posed for the picture and the kind lady in a matching jersey to mine added, "you have such a beautiful family."

"Thank you," I replied.

Hmmm family, I never really thought about it like the. I mean it's bound to happen someday and we practically are a little family. I can't wait to have kids of my own. "Family," I whispered to myself.

"What was that?" Randy asked obviously he hadn't heard what I said.

"That lady told me that I had a beautiful family."

He pulled me close and kissed the top of my head. "I already consider us a family," he added. It warmed my heart I smiled and pulled our tickets and handed them to the vendor. She took them and another guy helped us to our seats. They were awsome, box seats.

The game was over and it sure was an exciting one. Dodgers won of course, 5-1.

"Looks like Ill be a Dodger fan after all," Randy said and kissed me.

"Dodger girls are the best ones," I replied.

"Sure are," he said and pretended to check out some girl two rows ahead of us.

"Randy," I yelled and hit his arm.

"I'm just kidding baby you're the prettiest one here," he covered up.

"Hey hey what about me?" Alanna scoffed.

"Okay Ashley you're the second prettiest girl here," he laughed.

"That's better," she replied.

We got in the bus and it was already late. 11:37 to be exact. "Alright kiddo time for bed," I said.

"AWWWW but Ashley," she whined.

"Don't worry princess were going to bed too."

"Yay," she cheered which was followed by a yawn. We all laid down in bed Randy in the middle snuggled up to Alanna and me snuggled up to him from behind.

I woke up from a tapping nose in the living room. Maybe I'm just hearing things. I got up and checked the door and it was unlocked to my surprise. I blew it off and went back to bed. As soon as I got under the covers Randy clung to me. I opened my eyes and looked over Randy.

"She's gone!" I yelled.