Chapter 48

I was still like figuratively high on Randy's proposal. I can't keep my eyes off him or the ring. It was so beautiful. I still had a radio interview tonight. I started to get ready. I wonder if they'll notice the ring.
Randy decided to come along with me to the interview. We were in the room waiting to go on air. It was a show with Sam Roberts who has had interviews with the best of the best in the WWE.
"Alright we are going to start in," he said then counted down from 3 with his fingers.
"Alright welcome to the Sam Roberts show where tonight I will be talking to the beautiful Ashley. "
"Hi Sam it's a pleasure to be here," I replied.
"Thanks so our first question is well I can see you came here with WWE wrestler Randy Orton. And I've seen you two have had some trouble lets say in your run as the power couple. Are you guys together outside the ring?"
"Well yes actually. We've been together since Evolution really. And as you can see..."
Sam's eyes lit up. "Woah he proposed?"
"This morning actually," I giggle.
"So how did this happen like a candle lit breakfast or what?"
"Well actually we went on a hike and he distracted me saying that there was a rabbit behind me then when I turned back around there he was on one knee."
He gave Randy a thumbs up making me smile.
"Well that's cool and you two still are the power couple if I'm not mistaken?"
"Yes we are. "
"But I don't mean this in a mean way but there's a lot of talk that you have very few title matches and that's why you still are Champion."
"Oh wow we'll I guess I'm just gonna have to request a match for tonight," I shrugged my shoulders.
"Alright that'll make an interesting night tomorrow. "
"Yes you guys should come on down to Monday Night Raw tomorrow at the staples center. "
"A little free advertisement never hurt."
"Yah," I giggled.
"So tell me about your debut Ash. "
"Well I just remember being so nervous. I remember Randy and his daughter came up and wished me luck. Then my boyfriend at the time Dave Batista wished me luck and invited me to a pool party later on that night. Ummm it was against Eve Torres and I got her in a cradle winning my first match. I went backstage and got a bunch of congratulations and an offer to become part of Evolution."
"So you know being one woman especially one with your looks and being teamed with four other guys did that cause any difficulty?"
"Well it made for some interesting parties," I giggled, "and as you can see I am no longer with Dave and am now with Randy and of course there was drama along the way but I came out with the love of my life," I said and smiled over to Randy. He smiled back. God I love him so much. I just want to jump on him and attack him with kisses.
"Who did you find yourself having a bond with first out of the whole locker room?"
"Well actually like I literally stepped into the backstage area and the Bella's took a liking to me so we became best friends and we still are but because I'm friends with them not a lot of the girls backstage have me a chance. "
"So how was winning your first championship win?"
"Seriously like I knew it was going to happen but at the same time I thought it was never going to happen. You know what I mean?"
"I get it yes. So did you have any enemies starting off like someone just hated you for no reason?"
I laughed at his question and looked over at Randy who was trying not to laugh. "You're hitting all the good stories. Well actually Randy my fiancé ever since he saw me he just hated me. Before I even met him I met his daughter backstage and she wanted to play with me while Randy was in the ring. So of course I did and Randy came in and was trying to be all tough telling me to stay away from his daughter newbie and all this stuff. "
"So I guess the saying if a guy is mean to a girl it means they like them is true," Sam chuckled.
"Oh yeah definitely. "
"So how old were you when you knew you wanted to become a wrestler?"
"Actually I was a fan my whole life. And it's funny when I was younger I would draw myself with the Women's title or the Divas Championship. Then I would put them up with my posters of Hulk Hogan and Pipper and you know all the top guys. "
"So you're a bit of an artist?"
"Oh Hell no. When I was about 13 I think I remember looking at my walls and being like This is horrible I can't draw for crap," I chuckled.
"That's funny. So wow we are running out of time," he said looking at his watch.
"Okay last question, what if your favorite match that you've ever competed in?"
"Oh that's a hard one probably me winning the title from Mickie for sure because well I won the belt and it was just a great time in my life for it to happen. "
"Alright thanks Ashley hopefully we will see you back in the studio. "
"Thanks Sam. "
"And we're off," he said and pulled me into a hug.
"Thank you so much," I said.
"Thank you and good luck on the whole marriage thing."
"Thanks man," Randy said shaking his hand.
"No problem take care," he said watching us exit the room.
"How did I do?" I asked Randy.
"Amazing," he replied lifting me up in the air and spinning me.
I kissed his nose. "Even the part where I told everyone you used to hate me?"
He chuckled, "even that part. "