Chapter 44

It was Christmas morning and I was so happy. Randy was going to take me back to St. Louis with him. Hopefully his family will be happy to see us back together.
"Aren't you excited to see your Auntie Becky?" I asked Alanna.
"Yup and I can't wait to open up all my presents," she smiled.
"Randy how far are we?"
"About 30 minutes babe."
Alanna started laughing. "What's making you laugh sweetheart?"
"Daddy called you babe," she laughed.
"What's so funny about that?"
"He called you babe," she giggled.
I giggled along with her. "Hey Babe how far are we now?" I asked to see her reaction. She bursted out in a fit of giggles.
"About thirty love I just told you," he replied. That sent her over the edge. She fell off the couch.
"Aye what's going on back there?" Randy asked from the drivers seat.
"Alanna thinks it's hilarious when you call me babe and love," I shouted.
"Alanna you're such a dork," he chuckled.
Alanna and I were watching tv until the bus stopped. "Hooray grandma grandpa," she cheered pushing the door open. Randy came back and grabbed my hand.
"Don't worry they'll love you," he joked. I smiled and squeezed his hand. Alanna knocked on the door and I stepped behind Randy so it would be a surprise.
The door opened. "Oh Randy Alanna," Elaine shouted.
"Grandma," Alanna replied finding her way into her grandmother'a arms.
"Hello Randall still no Ashley huh?" She said in a sad tone. I giggled behind Randy's large figure.
"Well actually mom," he replied moving out of the way revealing me.
"Oh Ashley I knew you wouldn't leave forever," she said throwing her arms around me.
"How could I. I fell in love with this family and their son."
"Oh this truly is a great Christmas."
"Yeah Alanna has been talking about her gifts the whole ride.
"Mom does Randy have a new girl?" I heard Becky call from inside.
"Why don't you come see," Elaine called with a smile.
Next thing you knew Becky was in the door and once she saw me her eyes lit up.
"Ashley you're back thank god my brother was dying without you."
I looked over at Randy and he looked down embarrassed. I giggled and hugged her.
We made our way inside. I saw Bob sitting at the table and hugged him. "I knew you'd be back," he said. I nodded and smiled. I can't believe they all liked me this much.
Then Nathan saw me. "Oohhh Dodger girl is back,"he said slyly.
"And I'm here to say," I replied hugging Randy.
Elaine walked over to us, "look up," she said. We both did and saw there was mistletoe hanging from the ceiling.
We looked at eachother. This time for a change I leaned in and we kissed.
"Grandma why are they kissing," Alanna asked in disgust.
"It's tradition that if a boy and a girl find themselves under the mistletoe they kiss."
"Did you hear that Daddy when I grow up and have a boyfriend we are going to kiss under the misletoe at Chritmas," she giggled.
"Alanna you're not gonna be kissing boys til you're 30," he replied.
"Oh yeah Daddy well John Cena kissed me on the cheek last week so haha," she replied with a bit of attitude. Everyone in the room bursted out in laughter.
"Dinners ready," Becky called from the kitchen.
We all gathered into the dining room. After saying a small prayer led by Bob we all feasted on the selective dinner Becky and Elaine had prepared. That was then followed by dessert which was just as amazing. After a bit we chatted in the living room about how our lives have been but no talk about our separation thank god.
"Alright who wants to open presents," Nathan asked scooting Alanna off of his lap.
"Me me," she said jumping up and down. We all awed at her adorableness.
We all headed into the living room.
"Ashley I'm afraid I didn't get you a gift because well I didn't know you were going to be here," Nathan said nervously.
"It's fine," I replied.
"Pshhh I was going to make Randy give her mine and moms gift no matter what," Becky chuckled.
Alanna got her gift from her grandparents first. It was a small dollhouse along with three dolls to go with it. "Sweet," she said and gave them both a hug. A couple gifts later and then my name was called. It was a gift from Becky.
I unwrapped the carefully wrapped box. It was a beautiful necklace that had Ashley written in jewels.
"I love it," I told her and gave her a hug.
"You have no idea how glad I am to hear that," she said putting her hand over her chest.
Then it was Randy's gift from me. He opened it up to reveal a ring I had bought that had FOREVER & ALWAYS engraved in it. Then there was also some clothes and other stuff in a bag that came with it.
"Well thank you babe I love it," he said pecking my lips. Alanna started laughing and nobody else understood why. "Is that what she was doing on the bus?" Randy asked.
I smiled and nodded, "she thinks it's funny when Randy calls me babe," I explained to everyone. They all laughed once they caught on.
More and more gifts and I got one from Bob and Elaine. It was a bottle of wine with a bracelet around the top of it. It was beautiful. It had diamonds and silver all over. I thanked them. Then it was Alanna's turn to get my gift.
It was a pink dress along with some other clothes. Once she saw the dress she was mesmerized. I knew she'd like it. "See dad boys will kiss me under the mistletoe with this dress on," she said holding it up. Randy smirked and put his hand over his face.
Then it was my turn to get my gift from Randy. I opened up the little box and there was a necklace that said Unconditionally on it. I was almost in tears. Then there was a small note:
Merry Christmas Ashley. I hope you like the gift. I will always love you no matter what our love is unconditional. Everytime you wear the necklace I want you to only think of the good times we've had. Whether it was on the hotel room, on the bus, or backstage. I love you so much I can't even describe it in this letter. I can't wait til we are older and retired with our children. We will be the best little family ever. I already consider you a permanent part of my family. An honorary Orton. Ashley Orton I like it I'm sure you do too.
By the end of the letter I was in tears. "I love it," I said wiping away some of the tears.
"Unconditionally," I added and kissed him. He smiled, "unconditionally."
Then Elaine Bob and Becky all got their gifts from me which they all loved. It felt so amazing to be in a household where everyone loves you no matter what.
................
So that was the Christmas chapter hope you liked it. I enjoy writing all of Alanna's cute moments and I enjoy you hope reading them.