SEVEN

I wake up, yawing. I grab my phone checking the time.

11:54 am.

I see a message from Cameron, along with 7 missed calls.

I also see a message back from Colby.

'Hey sorry I was asleep, everything okay?'

I texted back.

'Yeah sorry, just couldn't sleep.'

It took a moment but he responded with.

'Oh it's all good, hey can you help me with something?'

'Uhm sure' I respond.

'Can you help me dye my hair, I don't feel like going out to get it done.'

I got lazy and just decided to call him. The phone rang a couple times before he answered.

"Hey" I spoke

"Hey, so can you help?" He laughed a little bit into the phone.

"Uhm yeah. Your house?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'll text you the addy."

"Alright. Bye" I waited for an answer.

"Bye"

I hung up the phone.

I got out of bed walking to my closet. I grab some clothes. A red crop that was a v neck, along with some black cargo jeans. I pair it with my black Air Force ones.

I walk out my room walking down the steps. I put my phone in my pocket. I walk past the couch quietly trying not to wake my dad, but just my luck, my dad sits up with a groan. "Where you going?" He questioned.

"I'm going to Uhm... Katrina house." I say hesitantly.

"Katrina?" he questioned opening another bottle of beer.

I sigh "Blue hair." I rolled my eyes.

"Oh yeah. Get me more beer while your out. " he laid back down.

"Sure whatever" I grab the keys from the couch cushion. I walk outside, I check my phone swing the address Colby had sent me.

I walk to my dad car unlocking in. I get in, closing the door behind me. I put the address into my gps and back out the drive way.

——

I knock at the door three times, before the door opens.

"Hey" he looked down at me.

I smiled. "Hey...oh" he pulled me into a small hug.

I pat his shoulders. "I got your stuff" I handed him the bag full of hair dye.

"Thanks I'll cash-app you." He stepped to the side letting me in. The smell of fresh laundry air conditioning hit my nose.

"Wow. Nice house." I admire the neatness and fresh smell of the house.

"Thanks, follow me up to my room." He motioned his head to follow him.

I followed him up the stairs, he walked me to his room. "Don't worry bout my parents, they are outta town right now. They'll be back Tuesday." He walks in. I walk in behind him.

I look around his room. "Holy shit." I smile.

"You like?" He chuckled.

"Here, come." He showed me to his bathroom.

"Gawyd Damn, you hella lucky you got a bathroom of your own!" I smile looking at him. He looked back at me. "Yeah" he bit his lip.

"So, lets dye your hair." I laugh.

He smiles. "Yeah." He pulled off his shirt with one hand throwing it on the ground.

I gulped, eyeing his body. "Uhm..."

"Don't wanna mess up any of my shirts." He sat down on the stool that was in-front of the sink. "Yeah." I nodded keeping my eyes wide open.

I opened a box of hair dye, I mixed the conditioner and coloring into the bottle. I put on black latex gloves.

"Ready?" I ask. He nods looking at his hair through the mirror.

I squirt the blue hair dye in my hand, putting some in his hair. "So what made you think blue?"

"Wanted to change it up a bit you know." He smiled. He had such a nice smile. He continued with. "Ever dyed your hair before?"

"Uhm yeah, my natural hair color is brown. I dyed it black." I smile, still putting more dye in his hair.

"This is odd but you have really nice hair for a guy." I laugh. He laughed looking at me through the mirror.

"What's the supposed to mean?" he licked his bottom lip.

"Nothing" I shrugged.

"So what school do you go to?" He questioned trying to start up a conversation.

"Berkeley high." I say.

"No shit. Me too" he added on. "Surprised I've never seen you."

"I'm not really surprised, I don't really stand out." I put more hair dye in my hands.

"Trust me, I'm surprised, I know a pretty girl when I see one." He smirked.

We made eye contact through the mirror. "Thanks but Uhm..." I didn't finish before he said. "Boyfriend. right. My bad." He threw his hands up.

I laughed a bit and so did he.

"Alright Uhm you can wash it out now." I step back taking off the gloves.

"Cool, you can just wait on my bed. Be out in a sec." He shut the door behind me as I left the bathroom.
—————————————————————————
Thoughts? More Colby in the next few chapters. :) love ya!