FOURTY NINE

I walk outside and see Nate get out the car. "Hey" he smiled opening the door for me.

"Hey" I got in, he closed the door and came to the other side, getting in.

"You look nice." He looked me up and down. I smiled "uh thanks"

He backed out the driveway, and started driving.

"I think your really gonna like it here." He smiled, "yeah?"

"Yeah." He placed his hand on my thigh. I looked down. "So what exactly is it?" I asked.

"It's a coffee house, people play music talk, drink tea or coffee. You'll enjoy it" he turned up the radio a bit.

It took about fifteen minutes to get there. Nate parked and got out the car, I did the same. He opened his trunk getting a case out. I look at him confused "you'll see" he smiled.

I just smiled back, he put the strap of the case over his shoulder and closed the trunk, he grabbed my hand. I looked down the back at him.

"Ready?" He asked.

"Sure"

We walked in and instantly Nate started greeting people.

"Hey Nate who's this?" A guy asked. "Oh this is my friend, Kiara." He pulled me closer.

"Hi" I waved.

"Hi I'm Justin." He smiled.

I walked with Nate to a small table where he set the case down. "Do you want something to drink?" He asked.

"Yes please."

"What do you want?" He looked down at me as I was sitting down and he was standing infront of me.

"Uhm, surprise me?" I have a questioning tone.

"Alright I'll be back." He smiled. I nodded, pulling out my phone. I see a text from Colby.

'Can we talk? It's important.'

I didn't reply. I didn't know how to answer after what happened earlier. Should I tell Nate? Or should I just pretend it didn't happen.

Nate interrupted my thoughts handing me a cup of what I assumed was coffee. I took a sip. He watched as I did so.

"This is good, what is it." I examined the cup.

"It's a lavender coffee, it's really good for you." He took a sip of his. I took another sip of mine.

I heard a microphone so I looked over and saw A guy in-front of a mic.

"Can I get you attention?" Everyone turned to him.

"We have a few song requests tonight, so sit back and enjoy, get some coffee." He paused.

"But before we start, we would like to welcome Nate." He said I look over at Nate who talked took a guitar out the case.

He walked up to the front and sat down as everyone cheered. They began playing, and Nate was really good. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

I heard my phone buzz

'Call me please.'

It was Colby. I sighed sitting my phone completely off as I watched Nate.
—————————————————————————
This chapter sucks. I apologize but I just haven't been feeling my best (mentally) lately, but I'm back and I'll try to keep updating. Love y'all.