FIFTY THREE

Chapter song: Bad habit by Steve Lacey

The next morning

I wake up rolling over to turn off my alarm. I groan as I slowly sat up, letting out a yawn. I stood up stretching a bit. I walked to my dresser grabbing some baggy jeans pairing it with a tight crop. I put on the outfit.

I walk to the bathroom, I grabbed my makeup bag and put on a bit of makeup. I brushed my hair, straightening it a bit.

I walk out my bathroom and grab my phone. I put it in my pocket. I grab my cane from under my pillow, taking a hit then putting it in my bra.

I grab my book bag off the floor and walk out my room and down the steps. I hear my dad talking to someone in the kitchen. I walk in and see him and a girl.

"Oh." I look back and forth.

"Oh my gosh, you must be Kiara! I'm Linsey." She smiled.

"Uhm, hi" I looked at my dad.

"This is my girlfriend." He smiled looking at her. She looked a lot younger than him, my dads 34 she looked about 25 or 28.

"Okay, well uh nice to meet you. I gotta get to school." I push my lips together and nod as I walk to the front door leaving. I grab my skateboard off the ground and put in back down on the road. I put in my headphones and began listening to my music as I skated to school.

It took about twenty five minutes.

When I got there I picked up my board and held it. I walked inside the building and to my locker.

I've been thinking so much about what Nate said yesterday. I don't understand why he couldn't have texted me or said it while he was there. Plus he's been acting really suspicious and weird. Something's up. Also the night I went out with Nate,  Colby kept texting me saying he needed to talk, but he never mentioned it again.

"Hey!"

"Ah shit!" I turned and saw Katrina.

"Damn, Uhm you good?" She laughed a little.

"Yeah you just scared the hell outta me" I laughed a little.

"So. I'm not supposed to like say anything but Uhm, Colby's like hard core staring at you. Lie more than normal." Katrina looked over at Colby which made me look at him.

He smiled I smiled back, looking away.

"What the fuck? What was that?" Tara mentioned coming up beside me.

"What was what?" I sighed closing my locker.

"The way you and Colby just looked at each other." Katrina said.

"What? Y'all are crazy, I just smiled at him. Nothing special." I shook my head.

"Yeah.. Kiara you smiled at him. You don't smile at people that you 'hate'" Tara quoted her fingers around the word hate.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes.

"We'll anyways I have some news." Katrina smiled. "Me and Sam are officially dating." Kat smiled even bigger.

Me and Tara smiled. "Yay, I'm so happy for y'all." I smiled really big.

"Sam's a hood guy." Tara said. I nodded agreeing with her.

"Hey. Kiara." I heard my name. It was Nate. Tara and Katrina smiled and walked off leaving me alone with him.

"Hey" I looked up at him. I went to lean in for a kiss but he pulled back, quickly looking at Colby then looking at me. I looked at him confused.

"Uh. Sorry. I-" I interrupted him.

"Wow. Okay. So that's how this is gonna be. Cool cool cool." I nodded looking to the side.

"No. I just need to tell you something first." He grabbed my hand pulling me to a table. He sat and down and I sat down with him.

"So. It's hard to explain but... I'm not who you think i am, like I didn't just randomly meet you."

"What do you mean" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I mean, Colby told me to look after you, maintain your grades, help you." He explained. Nothing but shock was rushing through my body.

"It wasn't meant to turn into a connection. But it did, I really like you Kiara, and Colby would kill me if he found out."
———————————————————————-
More tomorrow 🤭🤭