SIXTY

Warning chapter contains conversation about drug abuse! Skip if you need to.

Chapter song: inside out by Duster

I walked out of 5th period. I saw Tara waiting for me. I walked past her.

"Kiara where are you going?" She asked.

"Somewhere. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you I spoke quickly as I rushed down the hall. I quickly walked down the steps and out the school doors.

I started running. I took off my jacket holding it in my hand.

I stopped. Catching my breath.

I walked up the driveway.

I hesitated but I knocked at the door.

I sat there for a few seconds, then the door opened.

"We need to talk." I spoke. When I looked up it wasn't who I was hoping.

"Oh. Mrs.Brock." I looked at her.

"Kiara!" She smiled.

"Is uh, colby here" I put my hands on my hips, still catching my breath.

"Oh Uhm, he left a few minutes ago. Said he was going to ride his skateboard." She told me.
"Do you need to come inside? You look Uhm.... Tired." She gave me a concerned look.

"No I uh. Just need to sit." I tried to sit down but my body just gave out.

I fell to the ground. "Oh my god!" Mrs. Brock, grabbed me holding me up.

She pulled me into her arms being me inside. She walked me to the living room. "Let's get this off" she pulled my bag off me.

"Here sit" she put me on the couch.

She placed her hand on my forehead. "How long has it been since you've eaten?" She asked.

"I"I could barely speak.

"Two.. three days." I shrugged.

"Goodness. Okay ima make you something to eat. Just sit here." She walked to the kitchen.

"Did you take any medicine this morning sweetheart?" She asked.

"I Uhm." I paused looking at my bag, seeing the top of the pill bottle.

"No." I said staring at it.

I quickly looked away as she walked to me handing me some ibuprofen and some water. "Here" she handed me the pills putting them in my shakey hands

I put the pills in my mouth taking a sip of water.

Just then Colby came in, getting a glimpse of my slumped on the couch.

"Omg kie!" He threw down his skateboard rushing over to me. His mom moved out of the way, going back to the kitchen. Colby fell to his knees in-front of me.

"Kie?" He grabbed the side of my face making me look at him. He rubbed his thumb against my cheek.

"Look at me." He whispered.

"Colby." I barely spoke. "I'm sorry" I cried.

He pulled me into a hug. I grabbed onto his arms, sobbing.

"No hey. Don't apologize." He whispered moving the hair out my face.

"I'm so sorry." My face was red and full of tears.

He wiped the tears from my face. "Hey it's okay"

"No, it's not. I took some pills, Not good ones." I shook my head crying more.

"I don't wanna be like him" i could barely speak, I was choking on my words.

"I don't wanna be like him Colby." I was referring to my dad.

"No no no." He pulled me into another hug.

"Your not. Your the most beautiful, sweetest girl I've ever met. Okay." He rubbed the back of my head.

His mom came back. "Here sweet girl" she handed me a bowl of soup.

Colby stood up, bringing his mom to the kitchen, I couldn't clearly make out what they were saying but most of it sounded like.

"What happened?"

"She knocked at the door asking for you, she looked worn out and tired, and really hot. I asked her if she was okay, but she just fell to the floor."

————————————————————————-
Nother update! More Tuesday!