TWENTY-SEVEN

I wake up, letting out a yawn. I look at my phone it was one pm. I groan, I slept in.

I check through my notifications and see a text from Colby.

'Morning'

Simple, but sweet I guess. I reply with a simple 'good morning'

I put my phone down and go to the bathroom, I turn on the shower and strip my clothes. I get in and clean myself.

I shave and finish cleaning up. I turn off the shower and stepped out. I walked back to my room and opened my closet I pulled out my work clothes. I grabbed a black and red matching underwear set.

I changed and put my hair in a ponytail. I grabbed my black air forces a slid them on.

Just as I was tying my shoe, my phone rang. I picked it up.

"Hey princess"

"Yes Colby" I gave a jokingly annoyed voice.

"What are you doing?" He asked

"About to go to work. Why?"

"I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out, maybe go to the mall or something, but I guess you can't."

"Yeah sorry I have work till 8, I already told you this" I didn't realize but I was smiling.

"Yeah, I just now realized that. Hey tomorrow we can go to the fair, like all of us."

"All of us as in who?" I stood up gathering my things.

"Me, you, Katrina, Sam, Tara and Jake."

"I mean I'm down." I walk out my room turning out my light and I walk downstairs into the living room where my dad was watching tv.

"Alright. I'll come pick you up tomorrow around four thirty"

"Okay."

"Text me after work"

"Will do"

"Bye"

"Bye" I hung up the phone.

"Hey dad" I said. "Yeah?" He asked keeping his focus on the tv.

"Do you mind taking me to work?" I asked as I don't have a car, and I knew that Katrina and Sam were hanging out and she is normally who takes as we work at the same place. Normally I would work from eleven pm to three pm, but I took someone's shift tonight because I needed the money.

"Uhm sure." He stood up and turned off the tv. He walked to the door and I followed him out to the car.

"I need the way there" he said. I pulled it up on my phone handing it to him. It was an awkward car ride. I don't think I was ready to accept the fact that he was changing. More like it was hard to believe it. I've seen it before and I'm scared if I finally trust him, he'll will just let my down.

**

I got out the car and walked inside I saw Melina.

"Hey Mel." I smiled. "Hey babes!" She hugged me.

"I'm heading out make sure to turn off the ice cream machine before you leave." She explained.

"Okay." I nod hanging my jacket and purse in the back room. I clocked in and walked back up to the front.

"Bye" Melina walked out, making the bell go off. I waited or the next person to come in, eventually rush hour came around 5 pm.

Normally when working at smoothie king I get about 10$ in tips a day. Today I work different times so I got a bit more.

**

It was 7:53. I walked to the front and turned off the open sign. I walked back to the back and gathered my tips.

I counted and I got a total of 76$. I put it in my pocket.

I get my check, every Monday so I get that soon. I opened the cash register and cleared it out putting the money in a envelope. I walked back to the back and put it in the safe. I closed it, as I was standing up to leave the back room, I heard the bell on the door.

"Sorry we're closed" I yell.

"Oh sorry, I figured y'all were still open." I heard an oddly familiar voice.

I walked up to the front and saw Colby. "Hey princess." He smiled, he was holding a bouquet of flowers.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a big smile.

"Taking you on a date, I know you rejected me but what can I say, I never take no for an answer." He handed me the flowers.

I leaned over the counter pecking his lips. "Thank you"

"Lemme go grab my stuff from the back, you can come back here" I open the door for him to come behind the counter.

He comes back and follows me to the back where I grabbed my jacket and purse. He took my purse holding it for me as I put my jacket on, as it was raining outside. I took the purse from him.

"Lemme go turn off the machines." I walk to the ice cream machine turning it off. I felt hands snake around my waist.

"Colby." I whisper.

"Where do you want to go to eat?" He whispered against my neck. I turned around and made eye contact with him, I then looked down at his lips. I pressed my lips against his.

"Can we just go back to your place." I pressed my forehead against his, pulling from the kiss.

"I'm just tired and kinda don't feel going anywhere." I pull away. "Alright, come on."
—————————————————————————
Kind of boring chapter but Atleast it's a update.