SIXTY ONE

Warning chapter includes drug abuse and conversations about drugs so if you need to skip.

Chapter song: I love you by Billie Eilish

Colby's pov

"What happened?" I asked my mom.

"She knocked at the door asking for you. She looked really red and tired. I asked her if she wanted to come inside because she didn't look good and she just fell to the ground." My mom explained.

I turned to look at Kiara. She was sipping a small spoon of soup.

"Poor girl, she's so shaken up. I asked her how long since she's eaten. She said three days." That made me turn my head to my mom.

"Fuck." I whispered underneath my breath. I slowly walked back to the living room gently touching her shoulder. She jumped a little.

"Hey." I smiled at her. She smiled a bit.

"Three days?" I asked.

"I- just haven't been hungry." She said as she stirred her spoon in her soup.

"Eat please." I looked at her. She looked at me, then back at the food as she took another spoonful.

I brushed the hair in her face, behind her ear.

"Did you feel like this yesterday when we hung out." I asked. She shook her head.

"No, I... I'm sorry about that yesterday." She apologized again.

"Don't apologize for something that's not your fault." I sat down in-front of her.

She took another small spoonful of soup.

"Where are the pills you took?" I asked. She took a big breath.

"My bag." She choked up on her words.

I grabbed her book bag searching through it until I saw the orange and white bottle. I picked it up.

I read what the bottle said.

Xanax.

I gave her a small look. She was about to start crying again. "Hey it's okay. But I need you to tell me how many you took." I asked her wiping the single tear in her cheek.

"Three at home and another two in the school bathroom." She whispered.

"Okay. Just sit here." I stood up walking to the kitchen. "What is that?" My mom asked.

I opened the bottle poring the pills in the sink. I turned on the water making the pills dissolve.

I walked to the trash can throwing the bottle in the trash.

I out one hand on my hip and the other on my mouth. "Colby? Are you crying?" My mom asked.

I quickly blinked hoping none of my tears would fall. "No mom, I'm okay." I sighed looking over at kie. She was just sitting there staring at nothing.

"Can you help me take her to my room?" I asked my mom.

She nodded. I walked over to Kiara grabbing her hand, she looked up at me. "I'm gonna take you to my room okay?"

She nodded.

My mom took the bowl from her hands, setting it on the coffee table. I picked her up bridal style carrying her in my arms.

My mom grabbed her bag, following me up the steps to my room. I gently put her down on my bed, taking the bag from my mom.

"Thanks mama." I smiled. "I'll let you know if she needs anything or if anything gets bad."

My mom nodded. "Keep an eye on that sweet girl." She closed the door. 

I walked over to kie who was zoned out staring at the ceiling.

"Kie. Baby." I sat next to her.

"Why'd you take those pills? " I asked.

"I just wanted to feel better." Her words were still very unrecognizable, it was hard to make put what she was saying but I understood.

"Those pills were prescribed to you a while ago. Did you stop taking them?" I asked she nodded.

"I just want to feel better Colby." She repeated.

"I know." I pulled her to my chest. Brushing the hair out of her face, kissing her temple.
————————————————————————-
Sorry for  sad chapter but yk. Gotta make u cry every now and then