FOURTY ONE

Chapter song: cry by cigarettes after sex

I felt a tap on my shoulder, it was Tara. "Hey can I talk to you?" She asked.

"Yeah what's up?" I turned to her.

"Uhm, alone." She looked at me and Colby.

"Uhm, okay." I let go of Colby's hand. "I'll be back" I kiss his cheek.

I followed Tara outside.

"What's up?" I asked.

"So, you know recently I've been distant, and acting like a-"

"A bitch? Yeah." I interrupted her.

"Yeah, but I have a reason, about two weeks after I met Jake I told you to be careful with colby." She looked up at me.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"I was worried for you, and when you started talking to him, I didn't want to hurt you so I became distant, I didn't want to be the one to break it to you."

"Break what to me" I look at her.

just then Colby comes out.

"Hey, y'all almost done, we're fixing to play beer pong." He sees the look on my face.

Tara doesn't stop, she looks at Colby. "Colby's been lying to you Kiara." She the looks back at me.

"What?" I look back at her.

Colby walked closer to me, "Kie let's just go inside" he grabs my hand but I shook it off.

"What have you been lying to me about?" I look at him.

"Nothing, nothing baby I promise." He tried to grab my hand again.

"It's a bet." Tara spoke.

"What's a bet?"

"This whole thing with you and Colby was a bet, him and Sam made it, everything was a lie." Tara said. She walked back inside.

I couldn't even look at Colby.

"Kiara. Please. I-" I stopped him.

"What was the bet Colby?" I look at him.

"Kiara." He grabbed my hand again but I pushed him back.

"No! What was the bet Colby!?" I yelled a little bit.

He paused. "About 4 weeks ago sam made a bet with me. He said if I could make you fall in love with me in two weeks then break your heart, he would give me a hundred bucks. It was a joke." Colby told me.

"A joke? So everything was lie, our whole relationship, non of it was real." I swallowed the lump in my throat, my eyes began watering.

"I called it off a week after spending time with you. I love you." I saw his waterline fill with tears.

"I- I need to go." I began walking off but was grabbed by Colby again. "Please trust me Kiara, I called it off because I realized that I actually loved you." Colby started to cry.

"Trust you?" I pulled away.

"How can I trust you when this whole time you've been lying to me." I wipe a tear from my cheek.

I turned around and started walking but stopped.

"You know what, I should've never trusted you, 'I  find a girl, hook up and leave'" I mocked what Colby said when we first met.

"Sound familiar? Yeah, it's what you said to me the week we met. I should've know the whole time that this was fake. It's time for you to leave now. Fuck you Cole." I put two middle fingers up and walked back into the party.

I'm not leaving a party for some messed up fucking guy who couldn't give two shits about me.

I walked into the kitchen and looked through the cabinets I found a bottle of bourbon. I opened the lid and put the the lid to my lips, chugging a good bit.

"Kiara? Are you okay, I'm sorry I had to break it to you but I couldn't stand seeing you with him." She watched as I took the bottle from my lips.

"I'm great Tara. Thanks for looking out for me."

She looked at me worried.

"Hey wanna dance?" I grabbed her hand and walked to where everyone was dancing. I was dancing and jumping around. Tara just had a confused look on her face.

I never saw Colby for the rest of the night.
—————————————————————————
Hey guys I'm back! Btw when this book is done, there will be another book, called "deal" it's just gonna be a part two of this book :).