THIRTY-THREE

Chapter song: only love can hurt like this by Paloma Faith.

The car ride to Sam's was silent.

Very awkward.

Colby pulled into same driveway. I unbuckled ready to get out the car but Colby pulled me back.

"Hey I'm sorry okay." He rested his hand on the side of my face.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. We go into our first argument it's gonna be a little awkward at first." I told him.

"Yeah." He took his hand off my face, I leaned over and kissed his lips gently. "Let's just have a good rest of the day, okay?" I fixed the color of his shirt.

"Okay" he kissed my cheek.

We got out the car and walked up to the front door, Colby knocked and rung the door bell.

Jake opened the door letting the tiny bit of music playing be heard.

"Sup brotha" he dabbed up Colby.

"Come inside, we are just chilling." Jake stood to the side letting us in. We walked to the living room where everyone else was.

"Hey!" The group yelled. I went and sat with Tara and kat.

"Hey pretty ladies." I smiled. "Bro are y'all already drinking it's only like 12." I laughed.

Tara smiled. "Oh Tara! I have some news to tell you."

"Katrina already told me" she said unenthusiastically.

"Oh." I gave concern to why she sounded like that.

Katrina looked at me then looked at Colby because we kept glancing at each other.

"What happened with y'all?" Katrina asked. "We got into a fight." I sigh.

"About what?" Tara suddenly seemed interested.

"Oh Uhm, not much just something that happened this morning. I think we are okay but I'm not sure." I shrug.

"Did he say anything certain?" Tara asked.

"Uhm, no... I- I don't understand why your suddenly interested." I kinda gave a bit of tone.

Maybe I was wrong for doing that but she's been pretty moody lately.

"Never mind. Ima go sit with Jake." Tara stood up.

"What's with her lately, I feel like she's hiding something from me." I look at kat. "I don't know ever since she's been hanging with Jake she's been like that." Katrina shrugs.

"Ima go get a drink. I'll be back." I stood up and walked to the kitchen.

I opened the fridge, looking for something other than white claw. It was only 12 in the afternoon, and if we are going to the fair I don't wanna drink.

"Whatcha lookin for?" I heard a familiar voice.

"Water, Gatorade, soda, something other than alcohol."

"Here." He stood behind me, reaching beside my hip and grabbed a water bottle.

"Oh Uhm thanks" I closed the fridge.

"Yeah." Colby opened it, handing it to me. I took a small sip.

"So what time are we leaving for the fair?" I asked leaning against the counter.

"Uhm, like 4:30 or something." Colby said stood in-front of he with each of his hands on my hips

"Gotcha." I nodded setting my water down, I looked up at Colby. He moved one of his hands to my jaw, kissing my lips gently.

"Are we good?" Colby asked.

"I don't know are we?" I smirked a bit, leaning back into his lips.

"Mm." He hummed as he pulled from the kiss, "I have a question.

"Mhm" I asked as his hand interlocked with mine.

"Are we like together or?" He questioned.

"Uhm I don't know, I wanna be, but like I said I don't know if I'm ready to jump right into another relationship." I explained.

"But don't we already act like we are in one?" He ran his other hand on my hip. My other hand was wrapped around the back of his neck.

"We'll, yah I guess but I'm not sure if I'm ready for labels. I mean I understand if your ready, and if you wanna get upset that I'm not ready, I also underst-" Colby stopped me with a kiss.

"It's okay I understand." He laughed a bit.

"Sorry I tend to do that. Where I talk a little to much." I laugh.

"Yeah, but I love that about you." He licked his lips.

"Hey Uhm so you know what's up with Tara?" I asked.

"No." He shook his head. "Why?"

"No reason. Let's just go back to the living room" I pulled away from him.

"Okay." He smiled following behind me as I had his two fingers in my hand. We walked back to the living room.

Me and Colby sat next to Katrina.

"Y'all are for real so cute." Katrina whispered.

I smiled slightly.

"Yo, let's like do something." Sam flopped down next to Katrina.

"Any ideas?" Jake spat up.

"Oh, truth or dare?" Sam suggested.

"Nah." Colby sighed putting his arm around my shoulder.

"We could just go to the fair early." I suggest.

"Shit.. I mean there's nothing else to do. So why not." Jake shrugs.

"I'm down." Katrina nods and sam agrees.

"Alright so who's driving who?" Colby asked.

"I thought we were just gonna drive separately" Jake looked at Colby ask he was putting on his shoes.

"Y'all wanna take three different cars? That's a lot of gas." Colby said.

"I mean I can fit four people in my car. We'll minus me and Kiara." Colby looks around. "Me and Sam will go with Colby." Katrina smiles at me.

"You and Jake can ride by yourselves." Sam looks at Tara.

"That's fine. See y'all in about 45 minutes she smiles."

Me and Katrina walk out together as Sam and Colby follow behind us.
—————————————————————————
My power went out yesterday and I couldn't post this, sorry bout that! But here it is.