THIRTY- FOUR

Chapter song: lost cause by Billie Eilish

Colby, Sam, Katrina and I all load up in Colby's car.

Sam and Kat sit in the back, me and Colby sit in the front. Colby starts the car backing out the driveway.

"Colby?" I look at him.

"Kiara?" He focused on the road.

"Can I play some music?" I asked.

"Uhm yeah here" he handed me his phone unlocking it for me.

I smiled playing a song 'lost cause'.

Katrina looked up at me, we both smiled.

"Something's in the air right now! Like I'm loosing track of time!" Me and Katrina sung as Colby looked back at Sam and laughed a bit.

Colby's turned it up. "I gave you flowers! Did you even care. You ran the shower and left them by the stairs."

"Thought you had your shit together but damn I was wrong! You ain't nuthin but a lost cause." Colby looked at me smiling to then look back at the road.

"And this ain't nothing like it once was, I know you think your such an outlaw, but you got no job! You ain't nun but a lost cause." Me and Katrina laughed.

We just let the rest of the song play.

Colby put his hand on my thigh. I played with the rings on his hand.

"Alright we're here" Colby parked. We all got out the car and met up with Tara and Jake. We walked to the front and bought our tickets.

"What are we riding first?" I asked.

"We can do that one." Sam pointed to the one that spins in circles, the one that goes really fast.

I don't know what it is called, so I've always called it the spiny thing.

"Sure." We all agreed.

We aired in line then we got on.

Two people per seat.

Jake and Tara.

Katrina and Sam.

Me and Colby.

"You got the worst spot." I looked at Colby as we put the bar down.

"How?" He asked.

"Cus, your on the inside, your gonna get crushed."

"Sure I will." He laughed.

——

We've been at the fair for a while now. Tara and Jake went off to do their own thing per usual.

"Y'all wanna go on the swings?" Colby asked pointing up to the high swings.

"I'm down" I shrug. Katrina and Sam agreed to.

We waited in line, which was super long, but we finally got on.

I lowered the bar and buckled myself in. The ride started and the swings went up.

"Colby give me your hand." Sam yelled letting out a laugh. Colby reached back taking Sam's hand.

Me and Katrina were dying.

Colby looked back and winked at me, blowing me a kiss.

I laughed a bit blowing one back. The swings started lowering and we got off.

"That was fun." Katrina said.

"Yeah." I agreed.

"Bro let's get funnel cakes, fair food is always so good." I spoke, I felt Colby put his hand in mine. I looked down smiling.

"For sure." Sam looked over at me.

"Alright I'll get it, y'all find a table." Colby let go of my hand.

"Ima go with him cus I want a slushy." Katrina got up and went with Colby.

"So, have you asked Katrina yet?" I looked at San.

He looked up from his phone. "Not yet, but I plan, tonight. Don't tell her though."

"I won't. It'll be our little secret." I let out a small laugh and so did Sam.

"You make her really happy." I looked over at Katrina then back at Sam.

"I make her happy, she makes me happy." He laughed staring at her.

"What about you and Colby?" Sam asked, "has he told you anything?" Sam asked the same question Tara had asked earlier.

"Uhm no, but we are good. He wants me yo be his girlfriend but I told him I'm not ready." I tell Sam.

"Yeah I get it. You just got out of a relationship, it's hard." Sam said. I nodded.

"You know we've never really talked much. We should." I look up at Sam.

"Yeah, for real. You seem chill, I like that about you. You ain't like super yippee, you know what I mean." Sam said.

"Yeah I know what you mean." I smiled looking over at Colby who was walking our way.

"What are you two rambling on about?" Colby asked as him and Katrina sat down.

Kat sat next to Sam, Colby next to me.

"Nothing" I looked down at his lips, gently pecking them.

"Alright." He handed me a fork, as we shared a funnel cake.
—————————————————————————-
So guys I'm going to try to update as much as I can, but when July 24- July 30 hits, I won't be able to update bc I have to go stay with my dad.