THRITY-TWO

Chapter song: mind over matter by Young the Giant

Colby pulled Into a Ihop parking lot. We got out the car and went inside. We waited to be seated. We finally got seated by our waiter. I sat across from Colby.

"Can I start y'all out with some drinks?" She asked.

"Uhm just a water with lemon for me." I smiled.

"Coffee for me." Colby look at the waiter then quickly looked away. She gave him a quick glance, then walked off.

"So.... Tell me something about you Cole." I looked at him.

"Fine, Kiara." He paused, "I like watching romance movies." He looked at me.

"Really? You seem, more... I don't know. Just not romance" I laughed. "Okay, Uhm... what's you favorite color?" I asked.

"Purple" he smiled.

"What about you?" He asked.

"Uhm... has to be green."

"Good choice." He smiled making me smile.

"You know I really don't know what to ask." I sighed.

"Me either" Colby laughed making me laugh.

"I'm not very good at this stuff, maybe I like not knowing anything about you. It adds to the mystery." I said.

The waiter came back and handed us our drinks. "Y'all ready to order?" She asked.

"Uhm, yeah, I'll do just a waffle with bacon." I looked up at her.

"Okay" she wrote it down. "And for you, Colby." She said his name making me make a confused faced.

Colby looked up at me, the at the waitress. "What?"

"What would you like to eat" the waitress said.

"Oh Uhm, same thing as her." He kept glancing at her. She wrote it down.

"That will be right out" she took up the menus walking off.

"Do you know her?" I asked.

"Uhm, I- I don't know who she is." Colby looked down.

"Right." I sighed.

We sat in silence. About ten minutes later our food comes out and me and Colby still haven't said anything to each other.

"Here you go" she sets down our plates. "Thank you" I thanked her while trying not to look up.

I grabbed a fork and took a bite of my food. I watched as Colby poked his food with a fork, not taking a bite.

"Is something wrong?" I broke the silence.

"Uhm. No." He shook his head.

"You seem off, who's that girl Colby? You keep glancing at her."

"She's an ex, someone who hurt me okay." He yelled a bit, making me flinch.

"I-...sorry, I didn't mean to bring it up." I take another bite of my food, looking down.

"Shit. I'm sorry." He sighed "you remind me of her. I think that's the reason I fell for you. You remind me of me and her, how we use to be. Then she cheated on me." He sighed.

"Oh" I kept my words quite.

"I didn't mean to yell at you, I'm sorry. I just can't stand looking at her." He looked at me.

"It's fine. Let's just leave." I don't bother to look at him. I take some money out of my wallet, I put about 40 bucks on the table hoping that would cover it. I stood up, and walked to the front, not even wondering if he was behind me. I walk out and started walking to the car.

I felt my hand being grabbed. "Kie" he pulled me to him.

"I'm sorry" he grabbed my face making me look at him. I didn't look at his eyes.

"Is that the only reason you like me?" I asked pulling my head away from his hands.

"What?"

"You said I reminded you of her, that's the reason you fell for me." I tried to hide my tears, it wasn't worth crying over.

"What no! Kiara, I didn't mean it like that." Colby grabbed my hand.

"How did you mean it Colby?" I finally looked at him.

"I mean you make me happy Kiara. Like she did. You make me so happy and I don't know how to handle it, Shea was the first person I fell for, she made me so happy, but she hurt me so bad, that when I started hooking up with random girls. Until I meet you." Colby grabbed my face again.

"I think I love you Kiara" Colby moved the slight bit of hair out my face.

"Colby..." he stopped me, pushing his lips onto mine.

He pulled away. "Nothing can change the way I feel about you." I said. "I just don't think, I'm ready for that yet." I swallowed the lump in my throat, sacred if that hurt him.

"That's okay. I get why." He smiled a bit, making me smile too.

"Let's just go met you at Sam's house okay, forget this happened." He pulled me into a hug, grabbing the back of my head.

"Yeah." I pulled from the hug as we walked to the car, we got in.
————————————————————————
We'll that was a rollercoaster of emotions! But I had add in a little bit of drama to stir some stuff up. 🫢