FIFTY NINE

Warning chapter contains drug abuse! Please skip if you need to.

Chapter song: young by vacations

Kiaras pov.

I wake up rolling over, I felt around my bed.

"Colby?" I whispered. I sat up.

"Shit." I groaned. I grabbed my phone checking the time. It was 5 am. I sighed and got up. I walked to the bathroom turning on the shower. I took off my clothes and got in.

——

I slid on my jeans zipping them then buttoning them. I grabbed a small black crop and put it on. I paired it with a blue jacket.

I grabbed my phone checking the time again. It was 7. I still had an hour before school so I just decided to do my makeup.

Once I finished I quietly walked down stairs and into the kitchen if grabbing a Gatorade from the fridge.

I opened the Medicine cabinet to find some ibuprofen, but to my surprise I saw a bottle. It clearly had been sitting there for a while.

I picked it up.

Xanax

I opened the bottle taking three pills out. I put them on my tongue, taking a sip of my drink. I swallowed it sitting there for a second.

I quickly closed the bottle sticking it in my bag.

I walked out the house and began walking to school.

I got there and saw Katrina and Tara standing by our lockers. I walked up to them.

"Morning" I yawned.

"Hey girl" Katrina hugged me. "Sorry about what happened yesterday."

"Nah it's whatevs" I shrug it off pulling from the hug. I then see Jake and Sam both walking up with a bouquet of flowers.

"Hey Kiara!" Jake smiled handing Tara the flowers.

"Awe thank you! Y'all didn't have to!" Tara went to hug Jake.

"Wait. Read it!" Sam insisted.

"OH MY GOD!" Katrina and Tara yelped. She jumped into Sam's arms.

"Yes of course I'll go to prom with you!" She smiled.

Tara was gripping even tighter onto Jake.

"Yo Kie. Sorry man, Colby was gonna ask you before everything happened, but you know..." Sam paused.

Katrina looked at me.

"He was?" I shot a glare.

"Yeah" jake butted in.

"Oh?" I sat there for a second. "Hey ima go to class." I nodded to Tara and Katrina.

"Okay" Tara smiled. I went to walk away and Katrina grabbed my arm. "Hey." She whispered. "Everything's gonna be fine" she reassured me. I gave a small smile.

"I love you." Is all I said.

"I love you too." She hugged me.

——

I sat in fifth period. Thinking

Thinking about him.

Was I supposed to? After what he did?

Does you understand the feeling of missing someone? It's like spending a long hard time to turn the ice cold water you drank, into tears.

Days and days when we were together 24\7 appear in my mind. Cus every second was so happy, yet disappointing, sad and painful. I just miss you. I miss you so much, oh how much I miss you!

If the refreshing breeze knows my heart it can tell you that I care for you still, deep down I think I always will. I don't know what it is about you.

I love you Brock.

"Kiara? Pay attention please." I heard the teacher call my name. I closed my book.

"Sorry."

I looked to the front of the room.
—————————————————————————
Did we like the little poem? 🤭