Chapter 1: New Beginnings

"You don't have to go," Elena said stalking me through my house "you know that right?" "I know Elena, I know. And every time you come here to help me you keep trying to convince me to stay here" I looked her in the eyes "I always say that because I have nobody but you" she sat down "You have Brian, Mark, Chris, and Fred. I am always a call away. You know that" I said and continued packing "but who is going to read Mark and Freddie stories? Hah?" she tried coming up with that excuse "you and Brian" 

"You can't go, Val, you just can't" tears came out of her eyes "I have no one but you" I held her hands "you especially know that I don't have anybody, nobody but you. You saved me a lot. But you of all know that I should go. I have to start over. I have to begin again. I have to begin a new life to forget my past." I looked at her "My family, school, college. Them, all of them. These places. Every single place I've stepped on, in." she nodded "but your records" "I already sent them to the hospital in New York" I answered, "your house, what if it's in a bad neighborhood?" "you helped me find it, it's in a perfect neighborhood. It's a perfect place, I researched it online. I also paid half of the house" she gave up. "I'm going to miss you peaches" "me too Val" she hugged me "And I promise I will come to visit and if there is any trouble or madness there, I'm coming right home. But your door better be open for me" she chuckled. 

I was on the plane thinking about the new adventure I was going to explore. I have to make some rules. I take out my notebook and begin writing.

1. Always call peaches, no matter what situation you're in right now.

2. Be open. But not too open.

3. Make friends, good friends.

4. Be careful of men. They're not very kind.

5. No love, no relationships.

6. You're not here to stay, you are to wander the world. But if you're happy and there is a reason to stay, STAY.

7. Stay out of red flags.

8. Be careful of men.

9. Be carefree.

10. Don't make anyone bother you.

11. Love yourself.

12. And again, NO RELATIONSHIPS under any circumstances.

I'm walking in the streets of New York. People are literally hitting me while walking, and I don't know if I'm the one who should be apologizing. I'm this small girl. Quite obviously not from a big city. Well, I am from a big city but not New York. Well, not from here actually. I'm from London. Yeah, British. But unlike my people, I'm not a wazzock or a plunker. They are always miffed about anything and I just had enough of them.

My childhood was tough along the way till here till now, I just decided I had to go. I had to escape the nightmare I was in. You'll find out soon enough.

All I can say right now is that I'm a quite delicate and fragile girl, woman? I don't know what I am exactly.

Right now I'm going to this company because I have an interview. I just can't figure out how I can go there, literally every step that I'm taking, people push me back another five.

"I'm sorry, do you know where the Pierce International companies are?" I asked someone he didn't answer me and just left "hi, do you know where Pierce International" she just left me. I stood beside the wall and took my breath.

Ok so obviously the people are not very welcoming here or maybe it's morning when one goes to work. Don't freak out ok? Deep breath in and out. In and "you ok there?" A quite handsome rather cute man came out of the coffee shop "no?" I answered the question "what's wrong?" He asked me "people in New York aren't really welcoming" "ouch but that's true" he put his hand on his heart and crossed them on his chest, and I chuckled.

"Aiden" he put his hand out for me to shake it "Valentina" "Well nice to meet you Valentina, British right?" I nodded "Is my accent really that noticeable?" I laughed "yup, just like Queen Elizabeth, however, I never heard her voice," he said his hand crossed in front of his chest, I chuckled.

"Well, Valentina from England, how can I help you?" Aiden asked, I chuckled "you're so kind, I'm looking for Pierce International Companies" "Interview?" I nodded.

"Well I don't know where it is but I know it's a fierce company, especially the CEO, heard a lot about him, mean, people got out crying from there. His name is Richard, Richard Pierce. He's handsome as hell, as told. But strict, so strict. I was told that when something goes wrong, people get fired. They say that his screaming and shouting can reach Australia" I chuckled "so relieving" I said awkwardly "oh god, sorry. I didn't know I said that out loud" I laughed.

"But, can I have your phone?" I gave him my phone after a minute he gave it back "I put my number there if you needed a friend" I smiled "and google maps it turns out it's five minutes away"

"Thank you very much Aiden" I smiled with gratitude "I don't know how to pay you back," I said "well you have to go to the interview first and nail it" he chuckled "and how about a coffee after your interview" I wasn't looking for a relationship and I don't want that right now "as a friend of course," he said I nodded gladly "ok," I said.

"See you after" he waited for me to continue "3 hours?" He nodded "goodbye Valentina from England" I walked away "bye" I waved at him.

I took out my phone and searched for the company and opened google maps, "ok here we go"

I began walking for a minute and then hit someone or they hit me "oh Jesus Christ I'm so sorry" I bend down to get his stuff and he got my stuff "no problem" he chuckled lightly giving me back my stuff, I looked at him and he looked amazing, so handsome. We weren't talking, his hair was gold going on brown and soft and a tad long. His eyes were unique, I couldn't analyze them from the horns of the cars, but all I can say is that he has a blue crystal in one of his eyes. He wore a black pair of suit pants and a black button-up shirt with two buttons open. His scent was intoxicating. I couldn't think.

We were on the white lines people walking right and left and yet we were just standing, we turned around. He walked right and I walked left.

I was sitting up on the top floor thinking about nothing but that man. What do you think his name is? Age? His personality? What does the work for? I think he's fun. I would guess he's like 30 and is a manager, software engineer, or maybe a healthcare professional.

But what would his name be? Maybe like Mike. No, he's not a Mike, it doesn't suit him. How about Michael or Maddox? Maddox, really Valentina? What's wrong with the M's anyway? How about Alex? Alex is nice. Anyway, he chuckled when I hit him. Wait, maybe he hit me. We're never going to meet again, the odds are like one in a million, besides, I'm not here looking for a relationship, no relationships Valentina. Job and only job.

Is someone calling my name? "Ms. Valentina Hart" "she's here, I mean I'm here" I got up clumsily gathering my stuff. I stood in front of the office. Walk with confidence you can do this Valentina, after all you've been through, you got this. I walked into the office and I saw...