Chapter 02: The What?

I walked into the office and saw the man looking at his laptop. I closed my eyes and opened them. It's him. I walked outside, I can't do this, no matter what I've been through. Why is that man there? "Is that the man I'm making my interview with?" She nodded "can you give this to him on your way in?" She gave me my CV "OK" I whispered and entered.

What is he doing here? What is he doing here? What is he doing here?

"Good Morning" "Good Morning. Sit down" I gave him my CV, and he looked at the picture in the CV and then at me shocked. He cleared his throat "I'm Valentina Hart" "Richard Pierce" his voice was breathtaking.

His voice is captivating and deep, it's attractive but not aggressive. His voice is appealing, fruity, and husky. Dude, dude, just stop it, Valentina. Wait did he say Richard God damn Pierce?

My breath stopped for a bit as I realized the man I hit, the man who I was talking to, is the man I am going to work for and is the man who I didn't stop thinking about for the last 30 minutes.

"As in the Owner of the company?" "CEO" The what? Definitely, definitely not a chance. Fear grew inside me.

"Now tell me Mrs. Hart" "Ms, and Valentina" he chuckled, ok I'm better. Just a tiny bit "why are you here? Why do you think you deserve this job?" "Well I graduated with merit and went and got a scholarship to Cambridge University and did my master's degree and I'm 24. And still, this is not it." I said.

"I want to be the senior marketing and sales manager at the Pierce International Companies because I still think that your family's company has to grow and go to many other countries."

"You know this job requires traveling every once in a while," he said, "yes, I don't mind at all" "where are you from again?" He asked looking at my papers "you didn't notice my accent? I'm from England" I chuckled "you do have the American visa right?" I nodded "yes, I do" "again you won't have any relationship troubles to travel right?" I nodded.

"I'm not in a relationship and I'm sorry but I don't think a relationship has anything to do with the interview" why did I just say that?

"Ok, you're going to start tomorrow," "what? Thank you so much. It means a lot. I won't let you down, I promise" I took my stuff "and can you come to me first thing tomorrow morning," I nodded, I shook his hand thanking him "thank you again very much" "you actually deserve it," I smiled "thank you, goodbye" "can you send in Mia" I nodded and got out.

"Mr. Pierce is asking for you" I walked to the elevator very happy, this is finally the first step of my way, I'm beginning to work yay "I'm sorry to inform you but the job has been taken, if you would please leave" Mia stated to the other applicants, I held the elevator open since the company is like 50 levels and they would wait for only one person like 8 people came in and we just walked in separate directions.

"Aiden," I said walking into the coffee shop "Valentina from England" he walked towards me "are you still in your shift?" I asked him "no, I actually just finished, but two drinks for us," he said, "what do you want?" "latte and a croissant," I said, "wow, no tea? A shocker," he said, "ok these are just stereotypes, but I do have a lot of tea at home" I stated making him laugh "I'll have the same," he said making our drinks.

"So how did you get that job so easily?" Aiden asked me.  "I seriously don't know, I was kind of scared going to that interview. Like I'm applying for a senior position for not only one but two things marketing and sales." "What did you even tell him?" I shrugged my shoulders "just my strategies and plans for the company" I took a sip "like this is literally my first interview in my life, I didn't even have the hope to be working at the Pierce Companies" "you're gonna do great" I smiled "thank you Aiden"