Chapter 53: Until You Came

We finished work and we are at home and we already packed since tomorrow is off "so when do you want to take off?" He asked me "I don't know" "how about 10 am" "great," I said "now let's get some sleep"

I opened my eyes and it was the day we were going to leave. Richard isn't there I got up, and I put my arm next to me to see his spot clear. I stretched "Richie" I called him "Richard" and then I heard his footsteps "get up sleepyhead," he said, "how long have you been awake?" "since 6 am" he stated, "someone's excited," I said chuckling.

"Yeah so damn excited to spend a week or 10 days alone with you" I smiled "you're so sweet" I was still laying in bed "now get up, we have to go, I'm so excited. I've never been that excited about going somewhere with anyone, but since you came I want to go everywhere with you, explore the world with you" I smiled and got up and threw myself in his chest "ok, I'm up" "well the bags are in the car and you need to get dressed"

I got dressed and we bought coffee and donuts and were listening to music and joking around. "we need gas" "well there is one after 500 meters. Maybe we can stop there" I suggested.

We were in the gas station "do you want anything from inside?" I asked him "uhh, maybe sour patches, M&M's, Reeses, Hershey's. Ohh and chips" I nodded just like me, I entered the store and went to the aisle where the stuff I wanted was. I literally got 7 of each. It's like we're going in hunger or something. I brought two cold Starbucks fridge drinks and water and that's it.

"I got our stuff" I walked outside singing waving our stuff in the air "what did you bring? The whole store?" "Hey, you're going to eat most of it so no judging" he raised his hands in the air in surrender.

We've been on the road for almost 2 hours and I'm being a child right now "are we there yet?" "no we are not there yet, love" he was so damn patient. I put his hand that was on my thigh and intertwined it with mine.

After another 30 minutes we were there "ahh my legs" I stood for a bit reaching for them then I remembered air. I stood straight letting air in. "your lake house looks amazing" I said, "it's been passed on from one generation to another and renovated in each one." I smiled "looks amazing"

We put our bags inside "ready for a swim?" "yeah, craving for one" we walked outside and the lake was about 30 seconds away from the house. "but I have to change first" "ok," he said, "won't take a minute" Richard waited outside and I walked to my bag got a two-piece Tommy Hilfiger bathing suit.

After I finished I put my stuff back in the bag and walked outside in a cache maillot holding on to my towel. "you didn't change" I said "I had it on all along" "ohhh, nice plan" we were walking down the path in the middle of the lake. "ready?" He took off his shirt and shoes "is it cold?" I waved my leg in the water "one way to find out" "don't you even think about it Richard" I said pointing at him, he shrugged his shoulders and jumped. After a second or two he raised to the top pushing his hair backward.

"Is it cold?" He shook his head "are you sure?" He nodded "come on, it's great," he said, I was about to take off the cache maillot but I suddenly felt uncomfortable, what if I don't look good enough, what if they are showing "you are beautiful just the way you are Lina, you are my goddess, now jump in before I come and drag you myself," he said making me chuckle. "wait where is Munchkin?" "Playing in the backyard" ok, here we go, I took it off and jumped without waiting for him to say anything. I stayed in the water for about 6 seconds.

Eyes open listening to the silence. After a bit I took a breath my butt long curly hair behind me looking at Richard "hey" "hi, my little beautiful mermaid" I chuckled "your eyes are glowing in the sun" I said holding tight onto him "huh, look at yours"

"Well, I don't believe you." I pulled away swimming on my back "why?" "Because you told me the water wasn't cold and it's freezing" he swam towards me, "and look where that got me with you," he said, "ohh, ok" I kissed him.

I heard barking and paws running "Munchkin," I said chuckling after a second she jumped between us smiling "you love water don't you" she had a ball in her mouth, I took it and threw it a bit far, she looked at me with the look that says what the hell woman I'm not swimming all the way over there. "ok fine I'm going to get it" after I said that she began swimming towards it. "and that is called reverse psychology," I said making him laugh.

"Come I want to show you a place" we walked up a hill and I was on Richard's back "Ready?" "Ready" I closed my eyes and he jumped and we hit the water. "oh god that was amazing" I laughed

We were in the house and we put a fire on. It was cold and Munchi was sound asleep "let's do something," Richard said, "we can go grocery shopping" I suggested, "great idea," we kept Munchkin asleep and went since all we had were sweets and chips.

"I never actually came here," Richard said putting some stuff in the cart "what? How? Don't you come with your family?" "yeah, but I kind of isolated myself from them until you came. I found myself when you came." I blushed "I never actually felt excited for the future for tomorrow until you came" "and I never tried to get better until you came, looking forward to every hug and every time we meet," I said.