Chapter 69: School Reunion Invitation

A card came for me saying that there was a school reunion and I was definitely not going there. Not again. I don't want to relive those memories. I was making myself coffee when Richard came and hugged me from behind, "hi sleepy head finally woke up?" I turned around and gave him a kiss "had the best sleep ever" I played in his messy hair "And why's that?" "Because I slept hugging you" I smiled "no bad dreams yesterday?" I shook my head and hugged him.

We ate breakfast and were just drinking coffee and talking "what's that?" He pointed at the school reunion card "that I won't tell you" "why?" He narrowed his eyes "well because it's nothing important" I was about to throw it in the rubbish bin when he took it and read it "you are definitely going" he stated "no I'm not" "yes you are Lina" he pointed at me "why does it matter to you?"

"Well because you need to show them that they made a big mistake. That even though you've had bad times in your life, suffered a lot, but look at you now" "you think so?" He came and embraced me "of course" "but it's in London and I have work and I don't want to leave you, I'm scared Richard what if something happens? It's way too dangerous." He caressed my cheek "Nothing's going to happen I promise, I can come with you if you want, to keep you company" I smiled "you would?" "Of course, I would, how many Valentinas do I have" he kissed my forehead "I love you so much love" "me too freckles"

We just arrived in London and we are very tired so we are going to my old home. You may ask it will be very dirty and rusty, but every week I hired someone to clean the house. I wanted it to be alive. "so where are we going?" "home" I smiled. "I can't wait to see it"

It's been half an hour and we were home "wow, it's amazing. It's like a palace" "yeah, I was raised here. Come on let's go upstairs get some rest and then I'll show you the city after."

"London is beautiful. But not as beautiful as you" "stop you're making me blush" I looked down "Just stating the truth," "Thank you, do you want to see Elena's family?" He nodded eagerly "let's go"

I knocked at her door and when she opened she just jumped on me "you came, I missed you so much" "me too peaches" I hugged her "you look great" I smiled "Thank you, your belly is even bigger now" she nodded "can't wait to get her out" "Yayyyy" I hugged her again "This is my better half, Richard, my fiancé" I smiled introducing Richard to Brian "My god she doesn't stop talking about you, she loves you a lot," Brian said, Richard looked at me and smiled "I love you" "yeah me too"

We sat down and just kept talking Richard got to know them better and they loved him. For me Elena is my only family, she's the only one who stuck with me since school. But now Richard came along and ever since I met him I felt this kind of connection and I felt that I knew him for ages. I want him to meet everyone that's a part of my life even if it's a small part like my uncle.

Fred was on my lap and I kept playing with his hair, I wish that someday Richard and I would have a little baby just like him, with his unique eyes and thick hair. The greatest personality of all time and unconditional love. If he wants to, I wish he wants a little baby.

I know I found my person like my parents. They got engaged at six months and got married at ten. We're going to be kind of the same. I never felt that kind of love before. That love between us makes us inseparable. Even if we're apart we can't stop thinking about each other and just can't wait to see each other again.

He even likes me with my flaws and doesn't mind if he would come with me to the hospital every now and then. He's not ashamed of me. I really don't deserve him. But he refuses to let me go, he always said that we're in this together today, tomorrow, and every day after that. I don't want him to leave me, not after he took over my heart, all of it. And I love it that way.

"Valentina," Fred called me "Yes darling" "can you come read me a night story and put me to bed? You tell them better than mom" he played with his fingers "you damn unappreciative child," Elena said "what I'm just stating the truth, she says them with voices and they're amazing"