Chapter 34: Go Away

Valentina POV

After an hour there was a knock on my door. I looked and saw Nicole, Zara, and Maxine. "Hey, how are you?" Justine asked "I'm good. How are all of you?" They nodded their heads "we came to give you this" Nicole gave me a card.

"Her gallery is opening next Tuesday," Zara said, "It will make my day if you come," Nicole said, "congrats" I hugged her "thank you, we will be waiting for you" she thanked me "Did he call you?" Max asked me, I shook my head "Asshole" "like we were just talking and I fell asleep and then I woke up and tried calling him and texting him nothing worked" I said.

"I need to go to the bathroom" Zara and Max walked out "Look, I know you hurt bad but maybe just listen to him. Not now though he has to pay" I nodded "I know it's bad, but maybe he has an explanation" I sigh "he hurt me" she nodded "but I have to hear him out. Even if I don't want to, he just has this effect on me" 

"Don't tell me you came here today and just acted as if nothing happened and just hugged him and kissed him" I shook my head "my girl" Maxine gave me a high five making me chuckle.

"What are you doing here?" Richard came in "we're here to visit our friend, any problem?" Zara asked "best friend, correction" Nicole corrected, "we have a question" Maxine stated "what are you doing here?" she looked at him "I'm here to see my girlfriend" "you don't get to see her," Nicole said, "And why's that?" "because of what you did" Maxine looked at him "I..I" he stuttered and took a deep breath

"Should we give him one?" Nicole asked "no I don't think so" Zara continued "give me what?" "ugh, fine since you insist. My gallery is next Tuesday" she gave him a card.

I got three files while walking them to the elevator. I gave Larry one Richard's father one and as much as I despise her I gave Britany one to give to Richard "I don't take orders from you" she said, "well yeah you don't but I'm asking you for a favor" "and what's in it for me?" I groaned "you get to see him" she smirked and brought it to him even though it tore my heart in two to tell her to do so. "why don't you give it to him?" she asked "you know what I don't care" she took it from my hand and left.

"Did you finish the file?" Larry came asking "um yeah and it's on your desk in your office," I said, "great, then what are you doing here?" He asked me "just organizing some files on my computer until it's time to go home," I said, "you can go home, you finished your work," he said, "really?" He nodded, he isn't my boss don't get me wrong, but he is on the same level as I am, so till I get used to the job I'm going to take his advice.

"How about we get something to drink sometime? Say today?" "I can't, I'm sorry" I apologized "why?" "I'm in a serious relationship and I actually love him" I smiled and remembered what happened, will we be fixed up again or will he leave me? Did I overreact today?

"How about drinks as friends?" I played this in my mind, I heard from Mia that he isn't very good, not the best reputation, I don't feel very comfortable around him "today?" He asked "I can't today, I'm pretty tired and I just want to go home and relax" he nodded.

"Tomorrow?" "I can't some people are coming tomorrow to fix stuff at my house, you know I'm still settling in" he nodded "I also can't on Tuesday I have a gallery to attend" "so Wednesday?" He asked I nodded.

I knocked on Mr. Pierce's door till I heard a come in "Hello Mr. Pierce" "George" he corrected smiling "I'm sorry" I chuckled "I came here to ask you if I could leave, I finished all my work, Larry told me I could leave but I couldn't before asking you first" I said, "of course but before you do can you please explain to me this briefly?"

I explained to him the theory of my presentation and left.

I am home and just took the nebulizer off. I lay on the sofa and when my eyes began closing the doorbell rang. I didn't want to open it then it rang again "go away" I shouted. I got up and opened the door and saw Richard and closed the door again. He rang the doorbell again. "Go away," I said, "seriously" I didn't mean it, I wanted him here but I don't want to hurt again "can you please open the door, I just need to say something and you can throw me out if you want" I groaned and opened the door.

"I'm sorry," he said and handed me flowers "I messed up" I stood beside him to get in the house not looking him in the eye. Suddenly the floor became as interesting as a book, why can't I stay mad at him for 10 seconds?

"I was mean to you. You know how much you mean to me and I would never do anything that will hurt you or make you feel bad. Yet, it happened and you know the reason," "and what's the reason?" I didn't know the reason.

"I was scared, and I didn't know how to react, I was never good at relationships. I was never in a relationship where someone meant that much to me. I didn't want to mess up by saying words. But, I hope that you will understand that none of this was intentional and I never wanted to hurt you in any way. I am feeling bad after all that happened and I hope you will understand my situation and forgive me for everything that I have done yesterday. You were, are, and always will be very special to me and in every situation. I cannot thank you enough for the times you were with me and now that you are upset with me, I cannot think of anything, but only you. So, I hope you will understand my situation and will forgive me for everything." He pouted.

"Well the flowers are beautiful" I looked at the flowers and smelled them "I'm joking I forgive you, but don't you dare do that again, don't you dare scare me about you again" I hit his arm playfully "ok, so can I have a hug and a kiss?" I put my hand on my chin "I wasn't asking you know?" He pulled me and kissed me "Promise me to never break my heart again" he nodded "I promise"

"Knock, knock the door's wide open," the girls came in "hey you should've left him for a few days," Olivia said making me laugh "Half a day was enough, besides he gave a good apology."