Chapter 79: Time of Death

It's been two weeks "Mr. Pierce" I got up "any good news?" He shook his head "none, I'm sorry. It's the end. She will not wake up, I'm not God, but accordingly, the protocol says it. She has no movement, at all, even a finger. She's living on machines. I'm sorry to tell you this, but she has to be taken off of them. They're no use anymore. It's been two weeks" I cried.

"No, you can't do that, she'll wake up. I beg you. You can't do that," I never begged anyone for anything "I'm truly very sorry. All I can do is delay it till tomorrow noon" I looked down nodding. "I told her if she doesn't take care of herself, she would die after 6 months," she continued "hey, she's not going to die," I shouted, "she kept fighting every day, she kept taking her medication every day. So while she tolerates your bullshit every time, and doesn't talk, I will stand up to you, she's way too kind and doesn't want to make anyone sad, however, I don't give a fuck when it comes to her. I can break the world in pieces for her. So don't you talk that shit, because she will wake up" I yelled.

"We've done many wrong things Mr. Pierce" I looked at her "what?" "We resuscitated her two times when she clearly a DNR, and if anything happens again we can't help." "What?" I shouted "she has a fucking DNR?" she nodded "then fucking cancel it" she shook her head "I can't" "why the fuck can't you, aren't you the one that gave it to her?" I yelled "she has to be the one that cancels it. So she has to be up, fully conscious. Not you, not her parents, or sister, or friend." "I don't care about a fucking paper" I said loudly "If I do it again my license can be taken away from me. She can file a court order on me. I can lose my job" she said "She will not file anything against you, she forgot about the 'DNR' she tells me everything and forgetting about that means she didn't remember to cancel it. Do anything you can, everything you can as long as I don't lose her. I promise I will make sure nothing gets filed on you and your license will stay" she didn't say anything and walked out the door.

I sat down "I beg you, Valentina, wake up. I can't live without you. I'm dying. I love you, Valentina, please don't leave me. You have my heart and soul, without you, I will be a lifeless body. I will do everything and anything but come back. I will give you the world. I know you can hear me. Even if you wake up and don't remember me, I will fight to make you fall in love with me again"

It's 11:50 am and we're all here. Daniel, Joelle, mom, dad, and even Elena came from London and we're here waiting for her to wake up. "10 minutes Mr. Pierce" I ignored her "please baby, please," I whispered in her ear.

10 minutes passed "I'm sorry Mr. Pierce" I was sobbing hard "no, no. Baby, Valentina, for me I beg you. Fight for me. For us. I love you baby" I shouted "time of death 12:00 pm" "nooo, nooo. She's not dead I know it." I cried "It's over son, I'm sorry" my dad put his hand on my shoulder, I pushed it away. "Noo, no. She's not dead. Baby for me. Fight for me. I beg you I love you. You promised not to leave me, Valentina. Valentina" Then I felt her hand clench on mine. Her hands wrapped themselves around my finger "look, look" I said "she is not living on a machine she is trapped in her body"

"Ok everybody out," the doctor said, "this is your last chance," she told me "this may be the brain just giving a 'reflex'" she gave me a simple term "or as you said she may be trapped, so 30 minutes. Tell her a memory. Remind her of something. I don't know if this is going to work. It's a 1% chance. 30 minutes nothing more. 5 minutes have already passed." She walked out.

"Valentina, bear with me I beg you." I kissed her hand that was wrapped around my finger. "this is my last chance" I said, "remember when we were on the lake house date?" I smiled "you thought you were trapped inside the room? You thought I locked you in. Well, I did" tears escaped my eyes "what? I know you always want to know what's happening. Don't judge me. I know I told you I didn't lock you in but I did and you believed me. You're so innocent." I sniffed tears continuing to flow.

"Do you remember when I opened the lights on that picnic? Dude I know. I was so proud of myself. But I just wanted to see the look on your face, in your eyes. And when we were on the roof you just wanted to go there as fast as possible. Your hugs and sparkle in your eyes when you saw it. The adrenaline. You make me want to live and continue. And when you say Richard Lee Pierce I'm wearing a white dress, I was like so that's the whole point." I chuckled sadly crying.

"You jumped and hid, and when I found you the moon was shining in your eyes. Oh, Lina your eyes. And I realized I wanted to stare at them forever. I said that was the moment and even though I didn't even say a speech you said yes. Please wake up. Do you remember the day after when you gave me the shave? Dude, you teased me a lot. And then I don't remember when exactly but I kissed you and you just lost control. And in the afternoon when we messed around in the lake and had a spa night after" I cried "don't you remember our cuddles and dates? You promised you won't leave me" she opened her eyes.

I hugged her so hard crying out of happiness "you heard me, you woke up. I love you very much Valentina" her hand wrapped themselves around me, the feeling of home. I cried happily "I missed you so much Valentina and I can't live without you" "Me too Richard"