Chapter 20: Oh Richard

Valentina POV

I was in my house, I always wanted to be alone always, ever since they died. But since today I just wanted to spend all the time I had left in this world with him. With Richard, the one who chose me out of every other girl. I smiled at the thought. I always thought I will be alone, forever.

When I came here which was two or three months ago, I wanted to be alone, just focus on my life and on my carrier, I didn't want a man to come into my life. But when I just bumped into him, oh God. Everything changed, everything got mixed up. It was like the list of rules I wrote flew in the skies between London and New York.

The first thing I noticed about him was his eyes, oh his eyes, his light hazel eyes that just contain more than a color. They are brown on the outside turning light hazel and then light green. They were stoned-shaped like a copy, yet his right one had that small light blue peck that just made him so special. He was special even without the peck. I can see the world through them, through his eyes. My heart skipped a beat as I imagined them with my eyes closed.

When he apologized with that horsily and sexy voice of his that just sounded amazing that just made my breath hitch. And when he walked away I was just in a daze I just stood there while he walked away, I was like, that tall man with these breathtaking eyes that I could just stare at forever I will never see him again, and yet I saw him in the interview and he just accepted me right away.

Then today when he said that he thought I would never accept him and that he loved me and without any hesitation, I kissed him, my first kiss in the rain. Just like the kisses in the movies. He said he was willing to give everything up just to have me, just to be with me. Me, Valentina Rosie Hart. 

Oh, God. Oh Richard, what have you done to me? I think I am dreaming or something, if it's a dream I don't want to wake up, don't want it to end. If I didn't tell him I loved him, I wouldn't be as happy as I am right now. I'm happy beyond imagination, I've never been this happy before.

If I didn't go to Walmart yesterday or had that Asthma attack yesterday, I wouldn't have gone there today. If he didn't go to Walmart at the same time I was there, I would've left and gone back to London or moved away from New York. If we weren't there tonight I wouldn't be as happy as I am right now. How can my heart beat that much? The thought of him makes me want to fight, fight hard to be better from asthma. I was never that happy, I don't think I will ever be that happy. I love him. I am saying that out loud, I love him so much it hurts. I just want this to last, I don't want this to break like everything that has ever happened to me.

I love him so much, too much. I adore him, I love him so dearly. I have never cried out of happiness, yet he made me do it. He made me explore a lot of new things, true love, too much love, those true hugs with emotion, and first kisses.

I walk to the window in my bedroom and smile, a heartfelt smile. For the first time I don't feel like I'm doing this to get over my past, but to build a new future. Something for me, something that means so much to me. I'm not going to be walking by myself or alone, I'm going to have a backup, and support. I'm not going to fight alone in a city full of strangers but in the city that made me experience love. 

For the first time in forever, I will sleep with something good on my mind, with the man of my dreams that loves me as much as I love him or I think loves me as much on my mind. I can't wait to meet him tomorrow, spend my day with him, and hug him, kiss him.