Chapter 23: The Fucking Audacity

Valentina POV

I'm destroying people's lives by just loving someone. "Hi, Munchkin" Munchkin is the only thing my parents left me. She connects me with my past, and that makes me remember their love. "you want food?" I smiled "let's go" before my parents died they got me Munchkin as a service dog, she saved me a lot of times, I sometimes get to think that she's like a guardian angel shining above me. Because I think without her I would not be living right now. She's the one who literally knows if anything is going to happen, she even sometimes reminds me to take my medication.

I wasn't in the mood to eat. I was just thinking about her words crying. I'm not a whore nor a bitch. It's bad enough that everyone may think about me that way. I don't know what to do, why is it that when I actually find someone I love and loves me back something wrong happens? I'm all alone, I don't know where else to go. When I came here I wanted a fresh start, I didn't want any trouble. Then I saw my phone ring, I wiped my tears and saw it was Elena doing FaceTime.

"Hi peaches, how are you?" "I'm good how are you, didn't call for a couple of days," she said, "I'm good, you look great, how are your trouble makers?" I asked her "Getting on my nerves, why isn't your camera open? Open it I want to see you," she said laughing "I can't, I don't look good" "I saw you in your worst times" I chuckled "yeah you did" "Are you ok? You don't sound good" she predicted "yeah I'm fine" "open your camera, Valentina Rosie Hart, now" she demanded, "Oh my God, what happened to you?" "It's nothing," I said looking down "spill it out" "It's nothing, trust me" I tried holding in my tears "if it's nothing then spill it out" "ok so" I sniffed.

"Yesterday, Richard told me he loved me, which was amazing cause I loved him as you already know" "and" she motioned me to continue "so today I went to work and he took me to his father and told him, and he was so welcoming and literally welcomed me to his family" "so what's wrong, you got what you wanted," she said, "that's not it. So Britany tried throwing coffee at me today when I was with Richard, but Richard blocked it so I freaked out and called him by his name while he just yelled at Britany for calling him by his first name. So she bluntly asked him why she'd call him formally when I just call him Richard. Anyway, after meeting his father she got into Richard's office and I think they fought I don't know why. So after getting out after work I saw Britany waiting for me when I was alone." I stopped.

"What did she tell you?" "she told me total lies about myself, that I'm from a school where I was popular and got a poor GPA and that my father paid my way up through college and that I got a fake master degree, and just had sex with Richard and convinced him that I love him just for his money. She said that I'm a bitch and a whore, wanting a sugar daddy" I was crying.

"Oh my God, that bitch, the fucking audacity" "I don't know where else to go Elena, I'm lost in a world full of beasts." I sniffed, "I shouldn't have told Richard that I love him." I grab my cup of wine from the table when I saw the mountain of papers for my arrangements collapse. "I shouldn't have told him."

"You are not going anywhere." She cut my line of thoughts "I know it's hard. But you fought your way up to where you are now, and you are not going to give up the person you love nor the job you deserve and on life. Do you hear me? That bitch is just telling you that to get you to leave work and leave Richard, and you are not going to do that. You are going to stand strong and fight your way through anyone who comes through your way. Fuck anyone who doesn't like it, anyone who doesn't like it is just jealous of you. Of your beauty, body, smartness, prestige, and values. Don't give up, cause if you do they'll think they got what they wanted. Go wash your face and take deep breaths, and eat 'cause I know you're not, and go on a long walk with Munchkin. And throw that fucking ugly blue dress away," she looked at the dress behind me.

"Hey," I said "it's kind of nice" "why did you even buy it if you don't like it?" "no reason," I said "Valentina, why did you buy that ugly dress?" "It looked better on her," I said, "on that friend, that died, the friend you had in the hospital?" I nodded "Valentina, you are going to make it. Throw that fucking ugly dress away and go out. Valentina fight for me, because I no one but you."

"Thank you, Elena, you're the only one I have left, I love you so much." I said, how much I wanted a hug right now "yeah yeah, me too. Go now I have to get my asshole to study" I chuckled "Ok, bye. Thank you again" "always my pleasure" I love this girl she was my only best friend throughout school till college, yeah we were at the same college too.