Chapter 58: Plato or Aristotle or Shakespeare

It's been half an hour and we're still in the water. "why did you keep moving from one place to another?" He asked me "I didn't find a place where I actually belonged. I didn't want any strings attached and then I met you. I fell in love with you, and even though it's been just three or four months since we have been together I feel like I know you for a lifetime. I never felt like love existed but uhh you, light that something up inside me. You give me fire in the rain, heat in the cold. You are the only love of my life." I said and put my forehead against his. 

"I love you more than anything Lina, you gave me a heart," he sighed "what's wrong?" I put my hand on his cheek. "nothing but perfect," he smiled "marry me. Marry me, Valentina." What? What is happening now? "I'm not good with words, or writing poems and stating Plato or Aristotle and reading Shakespeare but all I can say is that I can't live without you. I want to grow old with you. May have been an asshole the first 2 months but I can't live without you." He looked me in the eyes, tears starting to build in my eyes.

"Before I met you, I was always angry. I buried myself in work, hated talking, and for me, I hated my house. I didn't want love, didn't want to be broken. Didn't like communicating, didn't like people snooping in my business. I didn't believe in love, wanted my heart to be buried. I wanted to push you away, knowing that I would get broken or break the masterpiece I'm holding. So I began pushing you away, pushing everyone away. But then" he stopped.

"But then" he stuttered tears were in my eyes as well as his "but then, you Valentina Hart, you came" he pushed a strand of hair out of my face "you came and changed me, you changed every single principle I had for myself. You made me calm down, and made me want to be with you every time I was alone. You made me want to make a home with you, and decorate a Christmas tree with you. You made me believe in love. As you have promised me you wouldn't leave me. You made me communicate with others, I never believed in love or soulmates yet you made me believe in nothing but love and soulmates, as we have found each other. I love you with all my heart it hurts." he said "you taught me that there is no such thing as love without fear. Fear of losing. But as you recently said there is no such thing as fear in love"

"Il n'y a pas d'amour sans peur de l'amour" I said choking on my tears, my happy tears.

He had some tears in his eyes "Please Valentina, will you marry me?"

I nodded holding him from his cheeks "I will marry you, love. I love you Richard" I hugged him. "I love you too" I didn't realize we were on the shore we were standing and he got on a knee, he got out a red box and opened it "so will you marry me, Valentina Rosie Hart, and become Valentina Rosie Hart Pierce" I nodded wiping the tears coming from my eyes "Yes, a thousand times yes. I love you baby" he pulled me close "not more than I love you, love" he kissed me passionately. He sniffed and wiped a tear and put the ring on "it's beautiful" I hugged him "fits perfectly" I smiled.

We walked to the picnic and I put my jacket on while Richard put his on "would you do me the honor and dance with me my lovely fiancée?" "it will be mine my handsome gentleman" I put my arms around his neck caressing his cheek with one hand and the other was on his chest, his left chest. I really like to feel his heart beating. Call me crazy.

"So you had this all planned out ha?" I asked him "no. I felt like when the right time comes it should be with me so that I can propose, but this isn't the main idea of the night. Was I bad?" I laughed "you were amazing baby, that with no exceptions, is the best day of my life."

"I mean I didn't talk a lot," he said looking down "hey you shouldn't talk a lot to make a person feel what they felt, I myself felt butterflies. And only you can do that maybe with one word. I love you, baby." He hugged me "and the ring is perfect," I said.

"But don't you think it's a little too much for me?" I asked him "huh? Nothing is a little too much for you. You deserve the absolute highest and most perfect thing in the world. You deserve the sun and the stars and more. You deserve the planets and the moons. You deserve more than anyone on this planet. You deserve more than what you are given. You deserve more." He said pushing my red wet hair behind my ears.

"We literally have a lot of things to do" he was so excited. Even though he didn't tell anyone. "we have to buy a new house, to move in after the wedding. We have to prepare a wedding" he said.

"Richard, did you even ask your parents?" I asked him, he shook his head "what? It's a family decision, as much as I want to marry you and would love to marry you. You can't take such a big decision without telling them." "It's none of their business Lina, it's only ours. Yours and mine it's our life. Besides they love you, every one of them loves you." I looked at him "really?" He nodded.

"I'm just scared I'll ruin your relationship with them" "bullocks" I laughed "you brought us closer Lina" I wrapped my arms around him "and you taught me British though" I smiled "It's cold do you want to go home"

"So you think you are ready for meeting Elena?" He nodded with a cough "of course why not," "and see Christopher" Chris is a whole new story "Christopher who?" "Elena's teenage child," I said, "and" "you'll see, you'll see," I said laughing "You really signed up for your death wish. God bless you." I took his head and kissed it making him laugh.

Richard parked the golf car a minute away from the house. "Richard do you hear this?" I heard some voices. He nodded his head, opened the basket, and took a knife. It isn't that serious or is it?