Chapter 73: Was I Not Enough for You?

It was night and I woke up from an asthma attack. I opened the drawer next to me and the blue inhaler wasn't there. I stumbled to the bag and searched for it but it wasn't there. My airways were closing. "Valentina" Richard shouted "Oh my god, take deep breaths, I'm going to get you the nebulizer" I nodded "here" I put the mask on "deep breaths" I tried and was about to lose control. After a bit, I was getting stable. Richard put me on his lap and buried me in his chest "everything is going to be okay I'm here" he played in my hair, then I slept in his arms.

Richard POV

The fact that she gave up the last thread she had to her family just because of me meant she really loved me.

I always knew she loved me, but what she did today proved it even more. She had someone confess their love to her and she said no, her family had her choose between them and me and she chose me. She loves me no matter what, as do I. I could never imagine I could love someone as much as I love Valentina. She is a wonder, my wonder. She is willing to walk down the aisle alone as long as we'll spend the rest of our lives together.

She's too much for me. She deserves much better than me. I want her to see herself from my eyes, my heart, and my point of view.

It broke my heart when I saw her crying when she felt she was alone. I wanted to take all her pain away. Show her she wasn't alone. It always breaks me when I see her in pain when she can't breathe, when she has her asthma attacks, and every time when I see her in the hospital bed it breaks me. Each time the doctor says she has little time it breaks me. I can't live in a world without my world. Without my heart, without my breath, without my love.

Valentina POV

I woke up in his arms and he was sleeping peacefully, I smiled. Then I remembered my uncle yesterday 'you can't get married to someone better than my daughter, it's either us or him' I can't believe he would say that, I won't even dare to leave Richard, I can't we're like magnets. I wiped a tear that fell.

"It's ok Lina," I nodded "I love you, baby," I said my hand on his cheek "me too" he smiled weakly. He knew I was hurt by the betrayal of my family or my former family. He was hurt because of my hurt. 

"Umm, I need to begin packing some stuff today to take them with me to New York. I just need to get it over with. Just some pictures, memories, and" I kept looking through my stuff "Hey, hey. Calm down ok? We're going to get everything done, just calm down. We don't want another asthma attack" tears were dwelling in my eyes again "they abandoned me" I whispered "yeah" "but, but I don't care, cause because I have you. You're not going to leave me right?" I asked him "never, ever" "you're going to choose me right?" I asked him "always, you're my number one" I hugged him and he kissed my forehead.

We were going to take a nap when I suddenly had the urge to go into my parents' room. Richard was already asleep. 

I walked through their room and it was as clean as it was when they were alive. I never walked in here since they died, today is the first day. I opened their closet and found their clothes. I took one of my mom's sweaters and put it against my nose and smelled her scent. It wasn't filled with dust, it was filled with her scent. I took one of my father's jackets and put it on, I smelled him. I put one of my mom's scarves on. I felt them next to me. I wrote Richard a note telling him I'm going to be out for a while and that he shouldn't worry since I'm going to be back before dinner. 

I walked out in the rain enjoying its' scent and its' feeling against my skin. I enjoyed the sound of it. I walked through the woods until I came to their graves. They were right under me. I put the flowers they liked most between them.

Richard POV

I woke up and saw the other side of the bed empty. "Valentina" I called her, I was about to walk out the door when I saw a note in her beautiful handwriting:

'Hi, Richard,

I hope you had a good nap.

I'm going to be out for a bit, don't worry about me I'm just fine. I took my inhaler with me and my medication but I left my phone since it isn't charged. 

Don't worry about me, I may come a bit late but don't worry I'll be there before our regular sleeping time. 

Again I'm safe, don't worry.

Yours always,

Valentina XOXOXO.

Ps. I love you. <3'

Where is she? 

It's been a couple of hours and seven. I called Elena multiple times but she didn't answer. 

"Is Valentina here?" I asked as Elena opened the door "no, isn't she with you?" I shook my head "then where is she?" "I don't know, she has nobody here. She's at the graves. She's visiting her parents. Is something wrong?" she asked me "many things" "she always goes there when something's wrong" she sent me the location and I walked after Google Maps.

It's been fifteen minutes since I arrived at the location. It took me about five minutes till found a small figure. She was soaked sitting on the muddy ground. "you left me" I heard her whisper "you left me with a monster that was supposed to be my blood. Was I not enough for you? Was I the reason you left? It wasn't my fault I got asthma it wasn't my fault I became anorexic and bulimic. I was judged, I was judged by everyone around me. I was judged by my friends, classmates, teachers, and family. Your family judged me." she sniffed 

"Your family made me rethink my whole existence. Your family made me choose between the love of my life and them. I didn't choose them, I chose him. Not because of what they did to me, no. I chose him because I loved him, I love him. I found the person I love mama. I love him because he embraces me when I feel down when I fall. He doesn't judge me. I wish you were here papa to walk me down the aisle. Both of you would've loved him. He's that amazing person that I'd rather die than hurt him." she stopped wiping her tears. 

"He's captivating and marvelous. He's brilliant in every way possible. As much as he doesn't like to be told that, he's so cute and adorable. He's dedicated to us, he bewitched me in every way possible. I know papa, if you were here you would've been protective of me but I'm in good hands. I would've really liked it if you were here though. It would've meant so much." she sniffed "Before he came, I wanted to die, but now I want nothing than to be alive for him, with him" "Hey" I walked to her and put my jacket on her "let's go home, you're going to get sick"