Chapter 83: She Won't Bite

Valentina POV

She began telling me the story of my family and how they were important and rich and such and such "but I don't want to be that Elena" I said, "umm what?" "you heard me correctly" I stated.

"your family knew how down to earth and how selfless you were, and how you didn't want people to treat you better because of your family's title and money so they didn't tell you. Didn't you ever wonder where your literal castle came from? Or when you inherited your parents' money. The royal hospitals you went to, like literally." she said "In there you knew it, but you didn't want to admit it." she put her hand on my heart "Your family was in the royal hierarchy" 

"Oh my god, I don't want that Elena" I freaked out "What I'm meaning to tell you is that we're not talking about the money, forget about it, but you have a title in England. How didn't you know that?" "how did they even become in the royal thingy?" I asked her "your dad was pretty hardworking and had a prestige, so our queen decided it. You don't have to be related" "how didn't I know?" I asked her "because your parents wanted to keep you safe."

We talked through it and I had to face it, my family was well known. Which I didn't want to happen, I loved my family but I didn't want people to stalk me for money. Or bully me for my parents' title.

"Ok, what's next?" "It's Richard," I said "Daniel said about him that sentence that doesn't feel right. Like at all. Richard wanted him to stop talking. I don't know what to do Elena it's too much on my plate at this moment" I sigh "take a deep breath, let it out. Control yourself and ask him. Whatever happens, it's ok" I nodded and she pushed me out of the door.

"Talk to me Lina" I was hesitant for the first time in my life with him "are you scared of me?" I shook my head "then ask me" I nodded "I'm wondering about what Daniel said" he closed his eyes "why?" I asked him.

"I swore to God I would never bring this up again. Well, back when I was a teen, I swore I would never let girls get in my way of anything. I liked this girl when I was 14 and she broke my heart. Now I know it's nothing. But since then I never let any girl get through my walls" "but there's nothing wrong with that" I said and put my hand on his cheek.

"That's not it. I made my way through school by having nightstands and yet I still never let any girl make her way into me. I wanted to break every girl's heart because I thought all of them were the same. Everyone was sure that a playboy like me would never get married and be alone forever with my one-night stands. Even the paparazzi knew this since we own the Pierce international" Oh my god.

"So are you going to leave me?" "um, what?" I asked him "Are you going to leave me, Valentina?" "hell no." I held his hand "but how? I'm a heartbreaker." "no, you're not" I put my hand on his heart.

"In there, there is a heart, a heart that you buried away and put into a box, into a box, into another each and every one of them contained not only a key but also a riddle. You kept it hidden where you thought it was safe. But I didn't fall in love with the player or the heartbreaker. I solved the riddle and found the key, I fell in love with you Richard. I fell in love with the one that smiles and blushes. With the one that gets tickled easily, and the one that pouts. The one that runs after me, and makes pillow fights. The one who would put pillows under his clothes to look like a bear. I love that Richard. I don't care who you were before I came. I don't care about the past. I only care about us. Our great moments and bad moments, now, tomorrow, and our future." I smiled.

"I love you. Lina" "me too"  "I don't care. What happened before I met you is over. We're here now. Let's focus on now and tomorrow" he nodded and hugged me "I love you so very much Lina" "me too Richie" he leaned in for a kiss.

"Nope still 4 days" "ughhh please," he groaned "nope, as much as I hate seeing you suffer but" he snatched me and kissed me "hey," I pulled away "you're a thief" I got up chuckling walking to the kitchen. All of a sudden I was turned and pulled, and he kissed me "If I'm a thief then I'm your thief" I blushed "yeah cause you stole multiple things" "like what?" He asked "you stole my heart," I said, "seems like we're equal" "yeah how?" I raised my brows "cause you stole mine too" I kissed him.

"Hey, hey, hey, what about the 4 days?" Elena came shouting "Elena I'm seriously not your enemy," Richard said making me laugh "I know you're not it's just the person I am, I'm like Jerry. Oh god bless him. He's such a sweet sweet mouse" she shed a tear "Elena are you ok come sit" I brought her to the couch "I didn't mean to upset you," Richard said.

"Not everything is about you," Elena said, I laughed quietly "I'm sorry Richard, my hormones are just all over the place" "it's ok you're pregnant," he said, I shook my head knowing she was going to burst "what did you say? Are you saying that because I'm fat? Or because I'm p-" he got up "I'm going to get you something to drink"

"Oh so now you're walking away from me while I'm talking ha?" She said I was crying from laughter "Elena, he didn't say anything, he just said it was ok, he didn't mean anything" I said holding her hands "I know, I'm sorry." Then she screamed "son of a freaking biscuit" "what's wrong? What happened? Are you giving birth? Should I call 911? I'm calling 911. Are you ok?" I was freaking out, she suddenly calmed down and held my hands "come" she pulled me and put my hands on her bare stomach, and there I felt it the miracle of times.

The baby was kicking, "oh my god" it's a miracle that a baby can be smaller than ever and grow out in a mother's tummy and become one of us "it's a miracle" I sniffed "yeah" she said, "she's kicking Elena, it's beautiful." She nodded "what's wrong?" Richard came running, and saw me on the ground with my hands surrounding Elena's baby "she's kicking Richard, it's beautiful." I closed my eye, adoring the moment hoping that one day maybe in a dream I would get pregnant with Richard.

"Come on," Elena said "don't be shy" Richard walked towards us carefully "touch her if you want" "are you sure?" He asked "yeah she won't bite" "it's amazing Richard," I smiled wiping my tears "oh god. She's kicking" I nodded.

Richard was long gone but I was still sitting next to Elena and my hands were on her belly. "it's been hours Valentina, even she is asleep now. Can I go sleep now?" I shook my head. She got up and went to her room. I walked behind her to close the lights so that she doesn't fall and hurt the baby. "are you ok? Do you need anything like water or food?" She shook her head "thank you peaches, I'm fine" "good night" I said about to go out "Valentina" I returned quickly "do you need water? Anything tacos? Craving for anything? Cause I can go and bring them" she chuckled "I just want to say that you're going to be a very good mother one day, the best actually."

"Thank you peaches, but I don't think I'm going to be one, my body is not going to be able to. I wish it would be a dream come true. Besides I'm not alone, Richard's here too. I'm not the only one who should make the choice." I said looking down.

"Val, hope for the best, you didn't know he was coming. So how would you know that you won't have one in the future? Besides didn't you say that on the proposal day he said he's waiting for the day you both would have children?" I smiled "that's true, good night peaches love you" "good night to you too"