Chapter 49: Come Back Please

"Mia speaking,"

"Hi, Mia. It's Valentina, how are you? I hope I didn't wake you up." I said, "Hi, I'm fine, no not at all." "would you mind if I come to yours?" I asked her hoping she'd say yes "what? No not at all, do you have a ride?" "um, no. But I'll figure out how I'll come" I thought about how I will reach there "send me your location, and I'll come and pick you up" "no, don't bother yourself" "Valentina, send me your location." She demanded "ok, fine"

Mia is in front of me in the car "Hi, thank you so much for coming." "not at all" she began driving again it has been 5 minutes and we were silent.

"What happened to you?" "it's probably nothing" I played with my hands "come on. You're crying" we entered her house "your house is really nice" "thank you"

I was in a blanket "yesterday, John broke up with Max she came to me and today we went out with all of them. So she was drinking her worries and sadness away. So John was fighting with her since today morning and was literally forcing her to go home with him so she didn't want to go so I told him that she was going to spend the night at mine. He told me I was a brainwashing bitch, and was ruining their lives. He told me that I didn't care about any of them."

"Oh god," she gasped "I didn't want to go home, knowing they'll come, and I didn't have anyone else." "he's an asshole" she stated "the problem is, I was just defending Maxine, I didn't do anything. I was just scared that he'd do something else, I was scared that he was going to hit her, or give her a bruise"

I heard the phone ringing "It's Richard" she said, "please don't tell him I'm here" she nodded and put the phone on speaker "Hello, Mr. Pierce" "Mia do you know where Valentina is?" She didn't answer "do you know?" He asked her with a higher tone "no I don't, why what happened?" He ended the call.

My phone was closed because I didn't want to answer anyone "can I ask you a question?" I nodded "why don't you have a car" she stopped "in New York" "I do have a car" I drank my coffee "why don't you use it then?" "Well, I sometimes take it for a spin. But I actually prefer walking. I mean I hate exercising but I have to. But when I'm tired I take the car" she nodded.

I slept at hers and didn't go to work today. I opened my phone and saw a lot of messages mostly from Richard, a lot of voice messages.

"Lina, can you please pick up? I'm so worried about you. It's 3 am and I'm searching for you. I looked in your house, in mine, you won't be at any of my friends, Lina I miss you. Please call me."

"Valentina, it's 10 am and you're not at work. I'm going insane. I'm scared about you, can you just tell me you're ok? That you're taking your medication. I want you, Lina, I miss you so much."

"Valentina, It's been two days. I know he hurt you, he's an asshole. Valentina please just tell me you're ok, I don't know anywhere else you could be. I'm freaking out, I want to hug you, Lina. Just tell me you're ok and I will stop looking for you, that's not true. Come back Valentina, please. I didn't do anything. Come back please."

It's been another day and I don't know what to do. "He loves you, Valentina," "I'm crazy about him, that's why I'm scared for his future," I said looking down "trust me when I tell you, you're growing old together. And trust me when I tell you he cares about nothing but you"

"You know, for me, he's my only family, and it hurts me when I see him sad. I want to see him so badly, literally. But I'm afraid that John's right" I played with my fingers "what? After what John did, he may rot in hell. You are the purest person I've ever seen"