Chapter 80: Cancel the DNR

Everyone was out, my family made sure she was ok and they went home. Elena just went to get more jello, croissants, and water from downstairs. My baby was too tired that she fell asleep.

I felt a squeeze on my finger, I looked and saw Lina looking at me "Hi baby" I pushed some hair out of her face, she smiled a weak smile and pulled me towards her "do you need anything?" she shook her head "come" I nodded, she made some space in bed and made me lay down next to her.

I put my hand around her waist and pulled her carefully towards me. "am I hurting you?" She shook her head. "I'm very sorry, I had you in this trouble all along, you don't deserve that," she said sadly "No love, I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of this alone, I would do everything to take this off of you, you are the strongest person I ever knew. I don't deserve to have a person like you in my life," she shook her head.

"I heard you, while I was in there" what? Oh dear god "really? What did you hear?" She smiled "I heard you read me my book, and make fun of it" I chuckled "I mean it's way too cringe," I said explaining myself "you are cringe," she said chuckling "I deserve that," I said nodding.

"I heard you pray for me, and give me massages" I smiled "but I also heard you crying and saw the sleepless nights you got." Tears got out of her eyes, I wiped them away "Hey, I'm not crying anymore, I'm happier now. I was just scared, I was way too scared, and pained to see you like that" "why were you scared?" she asked me.

"The doctor said, that there was a very low chance that you'd wake up and if you woke up it will be like a 1 percent chance that you'll remember me, and I can't live without you Valentina, you are my world. You showed me how to be happy, and I just can't live knowing that you're there and you don't remember who I am" she put her hand on my cheek.

"I could never forget you Riccardo" I groaned, making her laugh "but seriously, I can never ever forget the only person who gives meaning to my life" I smiled "when I was hearing you, I wanted to break out of my body, but it was like I was locked. It was dark, and I couldn't get out. Till today."

"My little fighter," I said smiling "my prince charming" she then buried her head in my chest "Woah Woah Woah. Don't you think it's too early for that? You were just in a coma for goodness' sake" Elena came back "Hey, glad to see you too" Lina said, "Oh I'm sorry I'm not the-" I cut her off knowing what she was going to say.

"Elena brought you jello, the red one" Elena glared at me "hey, leave my fiancé alone," Lina said. "I see you got your tongue back" Elena sat at the side of the bed "well had to at a time" "and there is the sarcasm" she nodded her head "congrats, Mr. Pierce. She's good as new." I laughed.

"So serious talk," Elena said, Valentina sat straight, and I helped her "thank you" she smiled in appreciation "no problem love" "ok, so. I don't know how but the people of the Gotham hall called and they're asking if the wedding is still on because there are only 10 days left" "yes it's still on" Lina said, "No it has to be postponed"

"Why?" She asked me "well because you are tired and you literally just got out of it" "It's still on Richard, because, there are still 10 days left, and I'm going to get better. Besides, we sent the invitations, reserved the church, ordered the flowers, and got the tux and dresses, Elena is here. And most importantly" she stopped "I want to get married to you" she smiled "ok fine, but what if something happens to you?" I asked her worried. She put her hands on my cheeks and pulled me towards her "nothing's going to happen to me," she said and kissed me.

"I promise" I hugged her "cause I can't bear to see you like this again" I whispered "I was dying" she pulled me by my cheeks and rested her forehead on mine "I won't," she said looking me in the eyes. "I just have one request" I looked her in the eyes "anything" "cancel the DNR" she looked at me wondering how I knew "please" she nodded "as long as you never leave me," she told me "never in a million years"

Three days later and we were in my house. "do you want something to drink?" I asked her "how about-" I stopped her "wait, I know. You want green tea" I said, "how did you know?" She asked amazed "well I know, soon husband's telepathy" she blushed "ok Romeo" "if I'm Romeo then you're my Juliet," I said smiling "no, but they die at the end," "yeah you're right, how about Noah and Ally," I said "from the notebook, ok" I chucked at her reaction "god I love you" she smiled her godly smile "and I love you too," she gave me a peck on the lips, just like sugar, or even sweeter.