Chapter 05: Planted a Bomb

It's 8:20 am and I'm in front of Mr. Pierce's office, he told me to come here first thing in the morning. I put my head in my hand and he came 40 minutes late is that a consequence for people with the right timings?

"Go in." Mia said, "Good morning Mr. Pierce," he looked at me "Good morning, how long have you been here?" "an hour" I smiled "ok so I brought your contract with me and after you sign it, I'm going to show you around" really? That fast? He gave me the contract "I'm going to be right back,"

Blah blah blah. What? No. That's not even possible. Wait they'll write it in a line or two it should be written correctly. The salary is much more than I asked for. I thought they added a zero or something. I signed it. I smiled and closed the file. I sigh and put a strand of hair behind my ear. "so done?" "yes," "now let me show you around" I got up "ok"

He showed me the floor "and finally, this is where you're going to work" I entered a big office "this is mine?" He nodded "are you kidding me? It's really nice" I said "yeah, it belonged to the old marketing manager, all you'll find is pens" I chuckled "and Larry put you these files, to go into and see into us and our marketing and such. And in a couple of days, you're beginning in meetings and projects." I nodded, Larry is like the general manager I'm the senior marketing manager and data analytics "thank you" he walked away nodding "and can you come to me after work?" I nodded.

I walked to the glassed wall and sigh, after all this hard work I reached the top but I'm not going to stay here, I want to travel the world. And there is definitely no room for relationships here. I take a deep breath. I'm here till I know what to do next if there is a next.

It's been a long first day and I'm done with the files that he gave me. I read them all. I documented some of them because they weren't and I'm going to Mr. Pierce. He was in the office next to mine. He had a woman in his office she may be his girlfriend, why am I sad? They were arguing, I think. The thing is I think this glass is bulletproof, sorry for being too sarcastic. "Mia who's she?" "Britany, the bitch" I opened my eyes, didn't think she'd notice, Mia is my assistant "I'm so sorry Ms. Hart" "Are you kidding me? No problem, just didn't think you're that type of girl" I looked at her "huh? Me?" I nodded "Can you please do me a favor?" I asked her she nodded "please quit the formalities, Valentina ok" I chuckled "ok" she laughed "What about we go grab lunch later?" She asked me, I nodded "of course, I have to go, meet you after 15 minutes by the elevator?" She nodded

I entered the office and he was red "you asked for me today morning, I can come tomorrow." I said. He shook his head "do you need water? Or anything?" He sigh in annoyance "I'm sorry" I mumbled. "did you read all the files and cases we've dealt with?" I nodded "yes I did, and I also made a report about the marketing and sales from across the years of the files given. There were also some unlisted information and data so" I sigh, he nodded "well, you did well for the first day" I smiled. He drank water "do you need aspirin?" He nodded.

"I mean I'm new ok? But if a relationship does this, it is not worth it." I got an aspirin pill from my bag and gave it to him. He looked at me with an unknown look, "you're right," I laughed embarrassed "I shouldn't be asking things in the first place, it's not my place to say that. I am so sorry."

I walked out the door and to the elevator "did you plant a bomb or something?" Mia asked "something like that." We ate lunch and were in my house. "ok before you enter the couches haven't arrived yet so we're having a picnic on the ground" I said "oh god flashbacks" I laughed.

Richard POV

I buried myself in a stack of paper, I don't want to go to my house and don't want to think about her. Those ginger curls of hers and her gorgeous blue eyes. Why do I even care? I shouldn't care, but I do. No, I don't why do I care?

Was she jealous? Did she care about me? No, all the girls are the same. But she gave me aspirin without me asking.

I shouldn't put her in my mind, I don't deserve a blink of her blue eyes. I don't deserve such a hard-working woman. Why would I waste her time?

My phone began ringing cutting me off my thoughts of those ginger locks. "what?" I answered my phone "dude what's up your ass" Callan said, "what do you want, Callan?" "Are you coming today?" He asked me "I don't know" I answered "come on dude, come today" I sigh "I have work to do today" "hey you work for yourself, you can do it tomorrow" he stated "ok, I'll see Callan, bye"

After a couple of hours, I found myself at the doorstep of the ginger head that stole my heart.