Chapter 13: The Heart I Thought I Lost

It's 4 pm and I'm leaving work "so I wanted to drop this off before I leave" "didn't I tell you not to come to work today?" He asked, "yes you did but I wanted to come." He groaned "and I took my ticket" "do you have a drive to the airport?" I shook my head "I'll take a cab or call Mia or Aiden to drive me there" "who's Aiden?" I looked at him in shock "with all due respect I don't think it's any of your business" "Like is he your boyfriend?" I groaned "sorry ok? Sorry" I nodded.

"I can drive you there tonight, I don't think I have anything" "you can? You would do that? It's going to be 12 am" I said really fast with excitement without realizing I said it, I coughed "yeah" "ok thank you" I walked outside, and I can't hold my mouth any longer.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I entered his office and closed the door "excuse me?" He didn't believe I was saying that "you ask me who Aiden is then, then think he's my boyfriend. And then offer to drive me to the airport like, dude. And you stutter yesterday, is there something you want to tell me?" I said like a mother, literally. He looked shocked.

"Why don't you want me to leave?" "I, I don't want you to be alone" I groaned "I can take care of myself, what is the real reason?" "It's going to be cold," I looked at him "you are unbelievable, you are just unbelievable" I stormed out of the office. "I don't need anyone to drive me, I can take care of myself. I will call Aiden to drive me" I told him to make him kind of whatever and left.

I drove myself to the airport I was just teasing him or whatever, I was waiting in the line to go put my bag when I heard him "Valentina" was I imagining his voice? I looked at him "Mr. Pierce" I turned around "you forgot the file" "are you joking?" I chuckled raising my eyebrows "no" "I have it on my laptop, why did you come?" He shrugged his shoulder "to say goodbye and wish you a good flight" he said as if it was the first thing that came to mind "well thank you" I thanked him "and I'm sorry" "what?" He played on the back of his neck "sorry for what?" "I treated you badly, I am not to tell you where to go or not." He said.

"Well it's fine" I forgave him "no it's not" he looked down "it's ok really" I put my hand on his arm, and he hugged me, "are you ok?" I asked him "just have a good flight, and keep me updated ok?" I nodded "ok," "bye Valentina" he walked away "bye" why can't I stop loving him? Did I say, love? I don't love, I can't love. "shit" I mumbled "excuse me, you're holding the lane" the woman behind me motioned me to go "I'm sorry"

Richard POV

I am not to ask her where to go and where not. I am not to ask her who a guy is and if she's dating him. I wanted to tell her. I don't know why I came here. Every time I see her my heart either stops or beats uncontrollably fast. I just wanted to see her one last time "Valentina" I shouted her name, she turned around so fast, her bright red curly hair flew all around, just like in the movies, you know? It was just like slow motion, her gorgeous piercing blue eyes burning into my soul. 

"Mr. Pierce?" She asked "you forgot your file" I handed her a file, and she chuckled "are you joking?" I shook my head, unable to speak in her presence "no" was all I managed to say, "I have it on my laptop, why did you really come?" She looked up at me, how can such a tiny human have that much effect on me? "to say goodbye, and wish you a good flight" I said, that was total bullshit, I wanted to say goodbye yes but I wanted to stare at her beautiful blue eyes one last time, it's not as if she's moving right? What if? What if I cause her to resign? Shit shit shit.

"Well, thank you" she smiled "and I'm sorry," I said, "what?" She asked, I put my hand in my hair "sorry for what?" "I treated you so badly, I am not to tell you where to go or not," I looked her in the eyes "well it's fine" she forgave me? How? "no, it's not," I looked down "it's ok really" she smiled putting her tiny hands on my arm, I couldn't control myself I just hugged her, and for the first time in my life I felt tears in my eyes, emotional tears, for the first time in my life I hugged her. In her small warm embrace. I hugged someone for the first time since I can remember "Are you ok?" She looked concerned "just have a good flight and keep me updated, ok?" she nodded "ok," she whispered "bye Valentina" I walked away "Bye" I heard her unique voice.

Something was wrong, I let my emotions take over the second I saw her, I let my feelings take over, and I cried when I didn't cry for years. I felt emotional and that disturbed me more than anyone can imagine. I felt my heart beating for the first time in forever. The heart I thought I lost. 

Officially rule 1, 4, 7, 9, 10, and 11 are shattered. I recently added two.

10. No emotional heart beating. 

11. No tears.

I am officially bad at following rules.