Chapter 47: Just Broke Up

Maxine was crying, her clothes wet, the makeup on her face was ruined, and she was shivering. "come in, come in" I took my robe off and put it on her, then got to the nearest sofa and got her a thick blanket. "I didn't have anywhere else to go"

She hugged me and sobbed "what happened darling?" "We broke up," she said sobbing "oh god" I closed the door and got her some clothes. "wait a minute ok?" I made her tea and saw her already changed "now tell me what happened"

"We were in a bit of tension, since last week or something. I always tried to make him feel better. I gave him some time alone, listened to him, and tried solving some problems. But then he would stay out late." she held the teacup "I tried to make him talk, I told him that if he talked he would feel better, that if he talked we could solve things together"

"And when I would ask the guys or something they'd say they didn't know where he was and didn't see him. So tonight we left early I made us dinner with candles and wine. He told me he was going to park the car but he just drove away and didn't come till 1 am. While I told him before we left you guys, that I had a surprise made for him. He came and began yelling that's when I had enough, we fought and we broke up." I embraced her.

"He's an ass for not appreciating having a sweet beautiful girlfriend like you." "you think so?" She sniffed "yes, but if you ask me. You're going to make up." She looked at me with hope in her eyes "I love him very much Valentina" she cried even more "yeah. I know and I also know that being heartbroken is the worst. But" "but what?" She hoped for something good.

"You want him back?" "so badly" she wiped the tears from her eyes "ignore him" she shook her head "I haven't tried it" "what? And you want me to do that?" She was shocked "Build yourself up. Head up high. You are Maxine Wilson, you are strong. I know you're breaking and I know you want him so bad. But you don't want him to do this to you again. Or do you" she shook her head.

"You're right, I don't" "You are going to wait for him to come to you. He's coming and I know it" I stated, "how?" She had hope "because of the way he looks at you, he always looks at you with awe and love" she smiled "really?" I nodded.

"And we don't know what he's not telling you, but he may be protecting you from something," I said "but, when I'm always crying, he always hugs me and I want a hug right now," she said crying "Ohh so am I not enough now?" I said trying to cheer her up. "thank you, Valentina," she hugged me, "don't thank me, I know you would've done the same to me" she smiled "I'm going to get you water and an aspirin because I know you might be dying in there" I went into the kitchen brought water and aspirin and walked towards her and saw her sleeping. I pulled the blanket on her and wiped a few tears and sat on the couch, knowing she was going to wake up from a nightmare after a bit.

It's been an hour and it's 5 am I picked a blanket from the guest bedroom and sat on the lazy boy, "no, you can't sleep Valentina" I said, my eyes were closing, "Maybe 5 minutes. She won't wake up in 5 minutes. I will just close them no sleeping" I closed my eyes and heard a heavy gasp and crying "Maxine, I'm here. Don't worry. Nothing happened. I promise everything will be ok" she was in my arms and slept and I couldn't get up. I just kept caressing her hair. Munchkin came and sat next to me her head on my leg.

I rested my head on the head of the couch. "Lina, are you awake?" I heard Richard whisper, "yes" oh god I need some sleep. I carefully replaced a pillow under Maxine's head.

"Good morning" Richard hugged me "good morning, princess." He took a couple of hair strands off of my face "are you ok?" I nodded weakly.

"What is Maxine doing here?" "Her and John broke up" I looked at him "what?" He was shocked "she came at 3 am soaking wet, crying her eyes out."

He walked to the door "where do you think you're going?" I asked him "I'm going to John" "and what are you going to do there?" He walked towards me.

"How can he let her run in the streets of New York in the middle of the night, in the heavy rain, dressed with these? What kind of a man is he?" "I know," I thought about her "what are you talking about?" Maxine woke up "we were talking about what we're going to do today"

I heard lots of knocking on the door Richard opened the door with force "Is Maxine here?" The girls asked, "what happened?" "We broke up," she looked down "what happened so that you are broken up" "we just broke up."

What I wondered about the whole situation, is that Nina told me every detail, big and small while only mentioning some minor ones to them. The friends she had over the years were in contrast to the one she barely met three months ago.

"I don't want to go" "but you have to, we have to stick to the plan," Justine said "Look I know it will hurt, but you don't have to talk to him. Just act normally. We are not making you go, it's you we are talking about. If you want to go, go. If you don't, I'll stay with you. It's your decision. In my opinion, you should go because if you don't he'll think he won. And you are a strong, independent woman that nothing breaks down" I said "you are right. Let's go."

We were at Michelle's at the moment because she wanted to give her something out of the box. Something to make everybody regret what they did to her. Yeah, I know, overdramatic right? So Maxine wore a pair of black kick boots jeans topped with a lace burgundy bralette top and finally burgundy 12 cm stilettos. I think the clothes are just too much, but of course, Michelle had to overexaggerate.