419

Chapter 77.5 How Spineless You Are

She smiled for a moment and stretched her face. “That’s why you didn’t hear what I said just now. Jiang Yanji probably knew about the underground city.”

You Wuming was stunned. Then immediately afterwards, a sneer appeared on the corners of his lips: “No surprise.”

“But because of Huangfu Xiong making such a fuss, I’m afraid she can only ‘not know’ about it.” Sang Yuanyuan pondered for a moment, “Do we still need to stay and do something? At this moment, it should be smoother if we take advantage of the chaos to leave.”

You Wuming thought for a moment, then grabbed Sang Yuanyuan’s hand and took her to shuttle between the halls for a while. Then he suddenly stretched out his arm and grabbed a person.

An ordinary looking overseer.

The overseer looked down at the caught arm in surprise, pulled it twice, then found that he couldn’t move it at all. So he raised his head and showed an extremely innocent smile at You Wuming.

You Wuming raised his chin at Huangfu Xiong, who stood out from the crowd, and said to the overseer: “If Huangfu Xiong asks for suggestions later, you can tell him that Zhang state is loose in geology. Those large Danxia rocks are the easiest to excavate. The stones can be easily taken and transported to fill in this mouse pit.”

The overseer was stunned for a moment and took a cold breath instead: “Master! Master! Such a wonderful strategy, why don’t you offer it yourself!”

Upon hearing this voice, Sang Yuanyuan recognized him as the overseer who was kind to the craftsman and put the pig head’s meat in the steamed bun as a benefit.

You Wuming then put on the expression, which needed a beating, of not boasting and instead hiding a merit and fame deep down. He let go of the overseer, grabbed Sang Yuanyuan and swept into the crowd.

“How?” He glanced at her sideways, and his eyes were full of pride, “Two things, and one has been solved.”

Sang Yuanyuan’s rolled her eyes: “Solved? The underground city of Qin state indeed has been solved, but the chaos that Zhang Jing made in Zhang state…”

You Wuming took her by the shoulder, slightly raised his eyebrows and took her to the ground, then said as he walked: “Since Huangfu Xiong has intervened in this matter, he will definitely be responsible to the end. As long as he goes to Zhang state for quarrying, he will find that bandits and robbers are everywhere and the people have nothing to depend on for their living. Once he finds out, he has to take care of it.”

Sang Yuanyuan: “… You are using Huangfu Xiong as a sword then.”

He leisurely said: “Huangfu Jun is not bad at governing the state and country and Huangfu Xiong was influenced by what he constantly sees and hears. No matter how stupid he is, he is not a fool either. If he thinks about it, he will know that the source of the trouble is Zhang Jing. It just so happened that he could take down Zhang Jing and Qin Yuquan together and send them to Jiang Yanji to give her a headache.”

Sang Yuanyuan secretly peeked at him and saw that when he mentioned the name ‘Jiang Yanji’, it was no longer what he used to be, where his eyebrows and eyes were full of a gloomy atmosphere.

“It’s really most suitable to let Huangfu Xiong take care of this matter.” Sang Yuanyuan said with a smile, “If it is you who make a move, you will definitely be put on a hat indiscriminately. In the end, the things that were clear at a glance were rendered into a ball of black, and made these villains muddle through it instead.”

His dark eyes slowly turned and a weird smirk floated on the corners of his lips: “So once I make a move, I won’t leave anything alive, lest I leave troubles behind.”

Sang Yuanyuan nodded slowly. She understood that with a reputation and temperament like You Wuming, it was too easy for others to frame him. For example, in the case of the hijacking and killing of the Sang clan designed by Huangfu Du, if Sang state hadn’t come forward to make a ‘perjury’, You Wuming would not explain it at all, because it couldn’t be explained clearly either.

You Wuming had already understood this since long ago, so he acted more solitary and cruel. If he were to take action to solve these two states of Zhang and Qin’s matters, he would definitely use a cold-blooded killing to smooth everything out.

It can also save troubles.

When they were talking, the two had already arrived outside the animal pen in the priest’s hall.

But Duan Ming didn’t come out to greet them.